(Closed) What COLOR makes you think of mad men (ie 1950s/1960s)?

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
4371 posts
Honey bee

I love the dress! I didn’t see the papaya color under the choices, but I think the Firecracker color (for reds) and the Fresh color (light tealy blue?) reminds me of the era and the show.

Post # 5
2195 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

red or black are definitely retro. I love that dress, btw.

Post # 6
1340 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

My gut reaction when I saw the title was olive (I have no idea why), but after seeing the options, I really like Barcelona or the Black.

Post # 7
560 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Let me preface this and say this response will not be helpful (sorry!), but I’d say red – because Christina Hendricks seems to wear it a lot. I don’t watch the show, so that’s all  I know. However, that dress is pretty awesome!

Post # 8
2135 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I immediately thought red.

Post # 9
5011 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

I’d go for Firecracker too! I’m a bit obsessed with the show.

Post # 10
5148 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I think “red”.

Post # 11
4371 posts
Honey bee

I like Barcelona and midnight. I think the pink flowers with the midnight dress would look really great together, and not Lily Pulitzer like.

Post # 12
1014 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

That was one of the dresses we had for our June wedding.  Here are a couple pics if you want to see how the niagara in the dupioni fabric looks.  We used the niagara as our main color, but I had lots of pinks mixed in, as well.  If you have questions about ordering, cost, or the fit of the dress, feel free to ask me.  We loved alfred sung, they really looked great, and didn’t feel cheap or cheezy at all.

If you want to see more pics, you can check out my recap post, too.  ๐Ÿ™‚

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/june-wedding-photo-recap-warning-30-pics

We were also going for a retroish look, and I think jewel tones are very 50s/60s appropriate.  I love light hues, too, like mint, but pastels can be challenging for most people to wear.  We went with the tealy blue because it was super flattering on everyone. 

Post # 13
2825 posts
Sugar bee

of the first set of colors I really love the Mango color… totally retro…

As for the second fabric/colors I love Ivy for a retro touch… but that’s just me. ๐Ÿ™‚

ETA: I’ve never seen the show, but i’m a big fan of the 50’s.

Post # 14
2825 posts
Sugar bee

@SoupyCat:

I’m having blue dresses with pink flowers I think they look amazing together and dark blue looks great on EVERYONE (and can totally be worn again!)

Post # 15
4371 posts
Honey bee

@o0olibelulao0o: Yeah, it’s hard to look bad in dark blue ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s like black, but with a splash of somethin’ somethin’.

Post # 16
1723 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I love daffodil (: I think its gorgoues and very vintagy in my opinion.

The topic ‘What COLOR makes you think of mad men (ie 1950s/1960s)?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors