Post # 1
Ok, ok, I know we’re all excited to marry the love of our lives. But forget him! I mean decor/event-wise! Throughout this process I seem to have 2 small aspects of my wedding that I am SO EXCITED ABOUT!
1. the womens bathroom! (lol). It’s very vintage, shabby-chic feel. I am having framed bridal photos of our 4 grandmothers and our 2 moms (and 1 great grandmohteR!) They’re all in varying sizes anmd shapes of vintage gold frames. The pics are great–some are bridal portraits, some are more candid shots. Add some rose petals and perfume bottles, PERFECTO! Can’t wait!
2. We’re inviting guests to a tour of a huge, famous, historical building the monring of the wedding (we get married at 5pm). Since it’s a semi-distination wedding, all our guests will be in town and just kinda hanging out til the ceremony! The building is adjecent to the chapel and hotel so I hope people go and enjoy it! It was only $200! 😀
Post # 3
I’m excited to have all of my best friends and family all in one place!! I mean, seriously, how often does that happen!?! 🙂 I’m going to feel so spoiled and loved! haha
I’m also really excited for our cake mm mmm. Mainly the grooms cake! My fi’s last name is Heinz (like the ketchup) so his groomscake is going to be a replica of a heinz ketchup bottle. I can’t wait to see the reaction of his family. The cake will be red velvet too!
Your bathroom sounds awesome. I’ve actually never seen the bathroom at my venue.. I’m going to have to check it out 🙂
Post # 4
1) The city. We had to fight long and hard for this one – our parents think the city is too far for people, too stressful, etc. But it’s where we first lived together, where our lives started together, where we really grew together. It’s an important part of us, and we’ll be moving for financial and grad school reasons after the wedding, so you can say we’re going out with a bang.
2) The venue. Somewhere non-traditional is really important to us – no churches, as we’re both non-believers, and somewhere with genuine character was a must. We’re not entirely settled on one, but we have a favorite, and there are so many lovely places to choose from that I know our wedding will be a night to remember.
Post # 5
We have ordered cancer charity badge pins for each of our guests as part of the wedding favours. My mother has terminal cancer and my father in law has suffered in the past so this is a really personal thing to us – and the money has gone to a good cause. Hopefully our guests will keep them and each time they wear them think of us and the good cause we are supporting xx
Post # 6
@VirginiaMarie… the bathroom sounds AWESOME!! My last apt was in a very old home and decorated in the shabby chic style. i miss it 🙁
1.The flowers. I am growing some, getting some from our local Farmer’s Market, and getting some from the grocery if needed.
2. Kraft paper table “linens”. We’re buying a roll of Kraft paper ($37!) and using it to cover tables. Lots of crayons will be in small glass jars on the tables (will match w/ the rest of our mason jar decor). This is just a huge budget helper for me and goes with our barn venue and BBQ reception well. (Our invites will also be done on Kraft paper to carry the theme)
Post # 7
Too many things that I’m looking forward too.
I’m excited to have everyone in one place because the FI’s side lives all over the country
I’m excited about his groom’s cake- which has turned into an ice cream bar with hot fudge brownies and german chocolate cupcakes and lots of candy
I’m looking forward to displaying our memory table of our grandparents. Our venue is a WWII airplane hangar and three granddads and 1 grandmother served in the war so we have some of their military photos and documents.
I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s reactions to our venue. It is just a really neat place
Post # 8
I think the venue for one because I looked long and hard for the place and it about drove me crazy trying to find something I loved and was in my budget.
Centerpieces made of mason jars with gathered flower and also galvanized buckets (doubling as aisle decor for the ceremony) that I’ll plan flowers in about a week before the wedding using our colors.
Pie bar we are having my grandmother is making them all from scratch! My Fiance loves loves loves pie and his birthday is only four days before so I’m going to surprise him with his very own pie and a sing-a-long with everyone of “Happy Birthday To You!” for my new husband 🙂
Post # 9
I really hope that everyone likes the trolley we rented to transport guests from reception site, where the parking is, to the ceremony and back. Most of my family has never been to California, so I think an old SF trolley car will be a kick.
I also really hope that they like the invites.
I hope people appreciate the way we are laying out the whole evening: lounge furniture, tapas, big reveals, lawn games, etc. I’ve put a ton of thought into making everything flow and have fun things at all points so people just go with the abnormal approach and have fun.
Post # 10
What a great topic!
I’m excited about our invites… I slaved over the design and they turned out just like in my head, which never happens.
I’m excited for the CEREMONY! We hired a new-agey officiant who has a lot of great ideas to make our ceremony very personal and interactive.
I also can’t wait to dance under the amazing chandeliers at our venue, and for once to have perfect hair and makeup and a custom-fitted dress, and have everyone bring me drinks.
And strangely, I’m really looking forward to making the bouquets. I think having something to do with my hands will help me destress the day before.
Post # 11
Honestly, i’m most excited by our photography… my photographer is completely amazing and I can’t wait to be a part of what he does! i could care less about everything else…
Post # 12
I can’t wait for the ceremony – every part of it but especially the music and readings that will be incorporated. And especially seeing Fiance at the other end of the aisle…
I can’t wait for the Sacrament.
And then….the champagne and the party! :0)
Post # 13
Ya’ll have great ideas and details that sound really cool 🙂
It sounds like such a small thing, but I’m excited about our “His and Her” fishing poles (we’re getting ready by a river and love to fish). We’re tying ribbons onto cane poles and putting signs that say his and hers or mr. and mrs. Also, we have an antique metal minnow bucket that was my grandfathers. We are going to fill it with flowers and put it by the poles and lean everything up against the old boat house!
Post # 14
Wow! All your eager anticipations sound GREAT! I especially love: @gocubbies Kraft theme; @vintage2010’s venue & patriotic honoring; & @curlysue’s pie bar (can I snag an invite curlysue?)
Like PPs, I’m super excited for our friends to be there…Fiance has 5 friends who’ve known each other well for over 25 years, & keep in constant contact thru email, letters, periodic visits, etc. Our wedding will be only the 2nd time they’ll ALL been in the same city in 15 years! I have 5 friends from college & our wedding will be the first time we’ll ALL be together since graduation. I’m SOO excited to see all my friends’ kids, too! So amazing to see these friends “all grown up” with families!
Post # 15
im excited about bringing my friends together from all over the country, the actual wedding ceremony itself, and the photographer 🙂
Post # 16
So great to hear all these ideas!!!! We are a wonderful group of ladies if I might say so myself 😉