Post # 1
I’m new here, and well, I’m new to my area since my hubby just got relocated for work. Throughout this whole moving and settling in process, I’ve heard some ridiculous sh*t my hubs has said! I thought it would be fun if we could all share what our significant other’s have spitted out and have made you go, ‘huh??’
- “Hey hunny, I think we should go on vacation to Iowa City to get away for a while from the hassle of moving, I hear it’s a great vacation spot!”…we live in Des Moines. Yes, let’s travel 20 minutes away for vacation…in Iowa.
- “Can you defrost chicken in the microwave? Will we get cancer from that?”
- “I don’t want to go to work tomorrow because I feel tired, can you write me a doctors note?”
- “Do I need to use conditioner or is using just shampoo okay?”…you’re bald, babe.
- “I think I have allergies, I need to get some medicine ASAP.”…You’ve had allergies for the past 24 years love!! And you say this everyday!
- “I want nothing to do with planning this baby shower. At. All.” (two minutes later) “Hey hunny, let’s put this rocker on our registry and maybe your mom will get it for us!”…you started a baby registry?
- “Wifey! Do you think its a better idea for us to pay someone to mow the lawn or buy a lawn mower ourselves?”….we live in an apartment.
Oh my list goes on! And some of these may seem a bit, “oh, he’s just kidding!” but no, no my husband is very sincere but absent minded sometimes. Makes marriage a lot more funny and although it makes me tilt my head and say, “really??”, he makes me smile!!!! What a goof.
Would love to hear what your partners have said that make you have the same reaction!
Post # 2
- Wedding: April 2016 - Rifle Falls
“Hey babe, wouldn’t it be cool if my mom goes on our honeymoon with us? She hasn’t been to Vegas in a while and we can all share a room” *insert side eye here*
Post # 3
Fiance is very adorably naive so I enjoy teasing him when he says funny things like that. Can’t think of any right now. Most of them are things you would have to be in the moment to get. I call him “Precious” because he is so sweet and innocent at times lol
Post # 4
My Fiance gifted me a bunny for my birthday last year (I’d practically been begging for a pet and our apartment doesn’t allow cat/dogs but “contained” animals are okay) and about 6 months into to owning him Fiance asks “Oh wait.. have you been feeding him?”. That question got a serious eye roll from me.
Post # 5
“Remember that movie my dad said he liked? The one with the potato wearing eyeliner”
He was talking about Jupiter Ascending with Channing Tatum. I almost died laughing.
Post # 6
Oh man, there are so many…
“If we start driving now, we can make it to Ireland in about two days…”
We live in Maryland.
Post # 7
“when we buy a house can we have a room dedicated to dinosaur fossils?”
Post # 9
All the time! But I tend to just let them roll off of my back rather than remember them – I don’t have the memory space. But yesterday-
Him: Do you have 20p for the car parking?
Me: No, sorry honey. I’ve left my purse at home, I don’t have any money on me. (He goes away, and then comes back 30 seconds later, opens the car door)
Him: What about 5p?
Me: I refer you to my previous comment.
Post # 10
Driving in the car on a really sunny clear day “the sky is such a beautiful shade of crimson today” umm Crimson means red, not blue
i bought a second set of silverware because we were always running out “so do you want me to throw the old set away” umm no I bought them to keep from running out all the time. Yet he can unwrap something and drop the wrapper where he stands and never think to throw that away.
Post # 11
SLOBee: Is your SO Ross from Friends? Does he….. have a lot of dinosaur fossils? lol what a strange request
Post # 12
(Talking about hysterectomies)
Darling Husband: Ya know, when they remove the vagina and everything attached to it
Me: Do you honestly believe your mother (had a hysterectomy) no longer has a vagina?
Darling Husband: *blank stare*
Me: They remove the uterus babe. Not the vagina
Darling Husband: That’s the baby sack, right?
Someone needs to go back to sex-ed…
Post # 13
LMAO :)) Keep em coming bees. Im dying of laughter here but cant remember any funny crap Fiance says
Post # 14
‘So are there direct flights to Sean Penn?’ He meant ‘Phnom Penh’, the capital of Cambodia, we went there this year and he was just not capable of remembering the name of it haha
Post # 15
- Wedding: Hawksnest Cove Beach St John USVI
Darling Husband went to the grocery store with a list
him: where do you think the frozen peas would be
me: in the frozen section…..
him: oh. Are you sure? I think I’ll ask someone
This continues for every item on the list. Now if he goes he asks which aisle or section the item is. The employees now know him by name.