WHAT I LOVED
1. That my hubby (without telling me) decided to deliver Out of Town gift bags to his family members as he picked them up at the airport. That hadn’t been my plan but ended up working out brilliantly as they had just gotten off a long cross-country flight and were famished. They were so thankful!
2. Hiring a photographer who, most importantly in my opinion, we were comfortable with! I’ve been in so many weddings where the photoggrapher was bossy and drove the bridal party crazy. Except for when we took portraits, I didn’t even notice that my photographer was there but he still did an excellent job of capturing all my favorite moments. Some photographers may do good work, but if they are overbearing during your special day, it’s not woth it in my opinion.
3. Having food (sub trays, chips, veggie trays & soda) @ the ceremony venue for bridal party & family members who were in pictures, venders, etc. to eat before the ceremony which started at 1 pm. It was great to know that anyone that wanted to could eat before the ceremony and enjoy the ceremony without being hungry.
4. Having my 8 months pregnant MOH inform the best man that she may need help with my train since she was the only bridesmaid and unsure of how she would do with bending over and having to reach. Sure enough, she needed his help and he wasn’t caught off guard!
5. Staying local for our first night (the hotel was only 20 minute drive from the venue) and not having extensive travel as part of our honeymoon (we went on a cruise that left from our city). It was great to start relaxing immediately!
6. So glad my Maid/Matron of Honor insisted my mom put a chunk of leftover wedding cake in our freezer for when we got back. We only got one bite each (during pictures, of course) and then got distracted. It was so fun to actually enjoy a piece of our own cake the night we returned from our honeymoon.
7. Having flowers that I LOVED! Every time I look at the pictures I see my flowers and burst into a smile!!!
8. So glad I wrote thank you notes as gifts came in pre-wedding. It was so nice to have a nice chunk done and then the ones for the gifts we received @ the wedding weren’t so overwhelming!
9. Loved it that I took 2 days off of work pre-wedding and 2 days off of work post-honeymoon. It definitely helped make things more relaxing and less stressful!
WHAT I WOULD HAVE DONE DIFFERENTLY
1. I would have been more specific in communicating with family members RE pictures. We took pictures with out families by ourselves pre-ceremony since we weren’t planning on seeing each other. We were planning on taking pictures together with our families post-ceremony. My family didn’t quite get that memo and when we were ready for them for pictures they were already at the reception site. It makes me sad that i don’t have a picture of my hubby & I with my entire extended family. So glad my parents stayed, at least!
2. I would have had someone make sure my dress & train were laying properly for pictures. When I look at a few of the full length ones, I think “Dang, I wish someone would have fixed that for me!”
3. Before pictures I would have explained to all male family members that if they wanted to put their arm behind my back, they could not rest it firmly on my back! THey didn’t really get this concept which resulted in my veil coming off as I was walking down the aisle after the ceremony! No big deal but I wish I had explained it to them!