I had a lot of little things happen and even though I’m happy to have married my best friend and all that, some things still bother me almost a year later. Overall it was a beautiful day and I had an amazing time. But here’s my list/rant.
1. My dress had a crease across my abdomen and that’s alllll I see when I look at my pictures. I paid almost $3000 so I’m upset it wasn’t perfect.
2. When I walked down the aisle I noticed my 1 year old son was dressed in a jogging pants and not his suit. My mother in law insisted on bringing him to the ceremony but forgot his suit. She sent her sister back to her house to get it but that was 30 minutes away do she missed the ceremony.
3. My mother in law and my husband’s aunt’s, uncles and cousins were late and held up me walking down the aisle. They stayed literally a 5 minute walk away from the venue and I’m waiting to walk down the aisle and I see them all walking slowly and laughing their way to the ceremony. Never got a sorry and I know my husband is still bothered by that.
4. When we finished our ceremony I had my uncle play his bagpipes. I was really looking forward to that and he was far enough away do it wasn’t too loud. Well my officiant told my dad, step mom and my uncle’s wife that someone should shoot that guy. Referring to my uncle.
5. I didn’t have a receiving line and I had a sweet heart table with my husband and two sons. Well I didn’t get a chance to make the rounds and thank our guests for coming and over the course of the night I didn’t even get to talk to some people. I still feel horrible about it.
6. The speeches were…..interesting. My maid of honors speech was full of inside jokes and at the end she told me to ‘suck it’ Triple H style and walked off. She was upset with me because I didn’t hug her but she went back to her table before I could. My bridesman talked a lot about how much he loved me which is nice but to outside people it sounded like he was IN love with me and then he talked about how my husband is such a great guy because he dated me “even though I had a kid”. My husband’s groomsman talked about how he tried really hard not to like me when I was dating his friend.
7. My sister’s speech. This is probably the one thing that bothers me the most. She made a video for her speech and it was 31 MINUTES LONG. It had almost all my Facebook pictures and so many random ones of when I was an awkward teen, it had pictures of my cat, mentioned how i dont drive, mentioned how i played guitar hero (like ten years ago?)people were in it that I haven’t hung out with in years and my husband’s ex! Ughh people were getting so bored and would just get up and hangout outside. The speeches were already 30 minutes too long so with the video we were an hour behind schedule.
8. Since everything was running so late i scraped my speech and was so nervous that all I said was I love my family and now I want to party. I’m still so embarrassed about that part.
9. I ran out of time to get night time shots with my photographer because of the speeches. She takes amazing shots so I’m upset I missed out.
10. I forgot to bring my overnight bag to the cottage we were staying at. I’m lucky that the cottage was still on the same property as the venue but I slept (let’s be real passed out) in my wedding dress and had no clothes when I woke up. My Maid/Matron of Honor noticed and she brought it to me in the morning since she stayed in another cottage close by Thank God.
So if I have any advice it would be to tell everyone doing a speech to keep it short and sweet!!!!! I didn’t think I had to say it but 30 minutes for a speech is never Ok! Haha