Haha a heck of a lot! I’ve posted about it before, but here goes!
1. My hairdresser’s burned down the week before the wedding – none of the girls were willing to come to the house to do our hair, so we had to scramble and find someone last minute
2. There was a torrentially downpour, lightning, hail storm, tornados; the whole freaking works the morning of the wedding.
3. The storms were so bad it knocked out power in the entire city – save for *one* street which my (new) hairdressers happened to be on. Thank the lord for little miracles. Another little miracle is hubby and I had just got out of the elevator in the hotel less than 30 seconds before the power went out – thank god we didn’t get stuck in there for our whole wedding day! Sadly, he did have to shower and shave in the dark.
4. There was no power to the barn or to power the porta-bathrooms (sounds tacky I know, but these were SO posh! They were nicer than my bathroom at home). Thankfully one of the farmer’s neighbours hauled his two massive generators over which were enough to power some lights in the barn and for the bathroom to work. Unfortunately we had no microphones for the wedding, and we couldn’t power the coffee urns 🙁 Super thankfully we had a catered bbq, so we didn’t need power for that!
5. After the ceremony, we hopped on the trampoline (photog’s suggestion). It was going fab until Darling Husband landed on my dress as I was jumping up, and tore the entire skirt off in front of everyone! Thankfully I had shorts on and a small crinoline skirt on underneath, and my mom is a fantastic seamstress and did an emergency repair job.
6. Because we weren’t expecting the storm to subside, I didn’t think we would get to take pictures outside. The skies cleared mid-afternoon (amazingly!) and we ran out as quickly as we could … sans sunscreen. I ended up with some seriously bad 2nd degree burns. Thankfully I didn’t start turning tomato red/purple till after we were done with all the pics. My Maid/Matron of Honor and the best man also got some serious burns as well.
7. DH’s super inappropriate friend (he got his own post dedicated to his horrible-ness) made such a scene on the dancefloor with my sister. Everyone completely cleared the dance floor when the snacks came out (honestly – make sure you have snacks in the evening for everyone, and they will love you forever!). He stayed and made out with my sister/groped her on the dancefloor in front of everyone!
I think that’s it. There were lots of little things, but I didn’t really notice because there was so much else going on!! I think the key is to roll with the punches if something catastrophic happens, because there’s not much you can do but laugh it off. 🙂