Post # 1
With that really long (and interesting to read) post regarding gift giving and money I thought I would ask another question of the boards — what did/will your wedding cost? It’s a pretty simple statement that is totally different for everyone. The reason I am asking is that yesterday we received the initial pricing for our reception venue and I was a bit taken back by the actual price. (I do have to mention that though my parents have graciously said they are going to pay for the wedding – doesn’t mean I am not concerned about the prices.) I know I have am having a rather large wedding – about 300 – which brings my prices WAY up … but I have calculated it with many fewer guests and the number is still pretty high.
So it’s with that said that I ask you three quick quetsions, if you are willing to share:
1) Number of guests?
2) What is your location?
3) What was the final cost of your wedding?
Mine is still far off but I’ll answer what I think the costs will be:
2) Boston, MA
Yikes I can’t believe I just typed that!!
Post # 3
Whew, this will turn into an interesting question. I think a lot also depends on how old the couple is, but I’ll be curious to see the responses!
2) Plymouth, MI (metro-Detroit area)
We’ll be just out of college, so not that much extra money around to spend!
Post # 4
2) Pensacola, Florida
2) less than $15,000 (I never looked back and calculated the final costs)
Post # 6
My parents offered us a budget of $25,000 but anything we don’t spend we get to keep, so I’m on an extra cost cutting campagin right now. If we stay on the track we have planned it will be
2) New Braunfels, TX (between Austin and San Antonio)
3) $17,000 approximate
Post # 7
2) vegas (we eloped)
3) about $3000, including all wedding costs, 4 nights at mandalay bay, food, drink, gambling and airfare.
our original plan was for about $15,000 for a 100-150 guest wedding in north suburban indianapolis, but we had to give that idea up due to family (religious) drama. 🙁
Post # 8
My mom offered us a budget of $45,000 (holy crap!) but I highly doubt we’ll use it all. Her words were "Just because you HAVE it doesn’t mean you have to SPEND it."
2.) Cleveland, OH
3.) $30,000ish I hope…maybe less? We’re in the early planning stages.
Post # 9
2. Fairfax, Virignia, Suburb of Washington DC
3. $9,200-for everyting, including rings, dress, food, photography, etc.
We had a cocktail recpetion in the afternoon and only served wine and beer. That really helped keep our cost down.
Post # 10
What are you including in the price? Dress, honeymoon, rings? Here are our numbers with everything except rings and honeymoon:
Hope that helps you to feel better 🙂
Post # 11
Numbers with everything except rehearsal dinner, rings, and honeymoon:
1) ~ 100
2) Dallas, TX
3) ~ 30k
Post # 13
- Wedding: September 2007 - Hyatt Lodge, Oak Brook IL
Everything EXCEPT honeymoon,
2) Chicago suburbs, hotel venue
3) About $50K
Post # 14
1. About 30 have booked plane tickets or have said they want to attend so far…but we haven’t sent invitations yet.
2. Grand Cayman Island
3. Budget of $25K (this includes paying for our bridal party’s airfare, a welcome party on the beach, and a group snorkel trip) — but I’m guessing we’ll end up closer to $30K.
Post # 15
Phew! The first few responses were scaring me – but then those NYCers came and saved the day!
Those costs I was considering were including everything except rehearsal (gorrom’s parents) and rings & honeymoon – which my fiance and I will be paying for those on our own.
Post # 16
preliminary w/o rehearsal dinner, rings or honeymoon:
1) 100 (inviting 150-200 hopefully, the list is growing!, but we expect low acceptance rate from older relatives that live far away)
2) outside Austin, TX
3) 15K surprisingly, I have found this # hard to stick, to, but we are footing more than 1/2 of that ourselves, and only 6.5 mo engagement, YIPES
I look forward to what others post..maybe some with similar areas/budget can help each other out! Hiya ErinSea 😀