- 6 years ago
- Wedding: July 2013
I am creating my ceremony programs on 123print.com and I am kind of confused as to what to put in the programs.
My biggest problem is:
- Our officiant is our best friend and he wants to say “something from the heart” before he gets into formalities. Should I put this on the programs? And if I do list it how should I word it? “Officiant’s speech,” “Speech.” I am clueless on how to word it properly!
- Fiance and the officiant have been friends since they were in middle school together and we came up with the idea to have them walk down the isle as “man and best friend” as a joke. You know how the parents give away the bride? Well it will be the officiant “giving away” my Fiance. How do I put this in the ceremony programs? As “processional”? [side note: I know that processional is for when the bridal party walks down the isle before the bride.]
What we are doing for the ceremony is:
- Fiance & Officiant walk down the isle.
- Bride’s march.
- Mom will give me away.
- FI’s dad will pray over us.
- Officiant will make a speech.
- Reading of 1st Corinthians. [side note: Officiant will ask us of our intent before hand.]
- We will read our vows doing the Native American “7 step vow ritual.”
- We will then exchange rings.
- We will mix two sands together. [side note: Interlude will play]
- Officiant will read Apache’ Blessing while mixing two sands.
- Officiant will announce that we’ll now sign our marriage certificate. [side note: Second Interlude will play]
- Officiant will say a blessing again.
- Announce us as husband and wife and we’ll kiss.
- Recessional will be played.
- Officiant will direct father of the groom, mother of the groom, mother of the bride and wedding party to take photos with us then tell the guests to go to the “cupcake hour.”
We are not having a cocktail hour since that is too expensive so we are having a “cupcake hour” instead.
Question: Should I put this all down on the ceremony programs? What should I leave out? How should I word the rest?
What I have on the ceremony programs so far:
- 1st Corinthians 13:4
- 7 step vows
- Mixing of sands
- Signing marriage certificate
- Exchanging of rings
- Announcement of marriage
- Cupcake hour
Please help a bee out!