(Closed) What do I do? What do I do??

posted 6 years ago in Venue
  • poll: What to do...what to do?
    Wait for it -- it's a great deal! : (12 votes)
    43 %
    Go for the expensive ($2600) venue now so you're sure to have one! : (0 votes)
    Rent the beach as a back up plan... : (7 votes)
    25 %
    Omg $150!! : (9 votes)
    32 %
  • Post # 3
    10851 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2010

    I found an awesome venue like that too. In the end, we decided not to risk it, I’m too much of a planner. Darling Husband really wanted it though. After we had booked somewhere else, I talked to someone else who wanted to book in the same original park, and they weren’t told about having to make reservations in the same year as your wedding, so maybe keep calling and see if you get someone else? LOL!

    Post # 4
    129 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

    I’d wait for it if you can. Just make a note on your calendar to book it the very first day you can (and as soon as their office opens!)

    Post # 7
    77 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

    My chapel is the SAME way! I’ve called a few times just to ask again and again to make sure that I was understanding it right. We’re having a back up plan, but are going to go to their office and and will wait outside the first morning after the new year with check in hand.

    Post # 8
    3773 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: December 1999

    I would call and talk to them and see if they really don’t book until then and how many wedding they do in a year. If they are booked every weekend and it really is a mad dash to get your date, I would consider booking the beach and if you get you cheap venue, cancel the beach. How much is the deposit on the beach or do you have to pay in full?

    Post # 10
    10851 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2010

    @peachacid: How flexible is your date? I mean, if you call at 8am (or whenever the office opens on January 2nd) and it’s already booked, can you take June 29th with minimal upset to vendors, etc? I think that may be the key here! I think the more expensive option seems like an awfully short time frame once you take the set up/tear down time out of your allotted hours 🙁

    Post # 11
    2104 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

    My venue had a similar set-up. We were planning an April wedding, but they did not start taking reservations until September. My Bridesmaid or Best Man and I literally woke up at 3am the day they opened for 2011 reservations and camped out in front of the office, which didn’t open until 8am. We were the 6th in line! Luckily I got the date I wanted most, but was willing to compromise on dates if necessary. It was worth it for me…I saved a TON of money on the venue.

    Post # 13
    16213 posts
    Honey Beekeeper

    I’m a bit too much of a planner, and I’m not prone to taking risks. So it’s really what you’re comfortable with. I probably wouldn’t risk it, but my reservations may also make me miss out on a great deal!

    The topic ‘What do I do? What do I do??’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors