Post # 1
My Fiance and I are going to look at a reception place tomorrow afternoon. But I have never done anything like this before, and I know that you need to make sure of some things and ask them questions, etc. So, I’m asking you lovely bees to help me out and give me some things to ask these people and to give me some tips!
Post # 3
1. Cost for reception site? Is there a discount if you use it on Friday or Sunday?
2. How many hours can you use the reception for? If you goes over the time allotted, will you have to pay extra?
3. Cost of cash bar vs. open bar? Will you get a free open bar if you have a morning wedding?
4. Is parking included free of cost for guests?
5. Who will be the person in charge of catering on the day of the event? Will the person helping to plan the reception also be available on the day of the event?
6. What are the cost of Hors D’Ouevres? Is there a discount if you get them bundled? For example, 5 Hors D’Ouvres for $15.
7. Will champagne be provided complimentary for the champagne toast?
8. Is cake cutting complimentary?
9. Will there be a changing room for the bride and groom?
10. Will the bride and groom also get a complimentary night stay for having their reception at this site?
11. Are there discounts available to guests coming from out of town who want to stay at the reception site?
Post # 4
It really depends on where you’re having your reception. We ended up going with a gastropub for our reception, some of the questions we asked (that aren’t listed above) were:
– Do you allow kids at the venue, is there a cutoff age for children (ie, not under 3)?
– Where’s the nearest parking? Have previous clients used that car park before? How long does it take to get from the car park to the venue?
– What time would we be able to come and set up?
Hope this gives you an idea! I’m sure it will all come to you when you’re viewing the venue!
Post # 5
I am kind of assuming that your reception venue also provides the food and everything–if not, then some of these questions don’t really apply
-How do they handle alcohol?- (can you bring your own, bar by consumption, open bar, etc.)
-What are the food and beverage minimums?
-Are you required to pay for security personnel?
-Is valet required? (this kind of goes along with the parking issues mentioned in the previous responses)
-How many events are held there that same day or at the same time?
-What is the total capacity of the facilities?
-What is included in your rental fee? (tables, chairs, basic linens, dishes, silverware, glassware, etc.)
-If there is not a specific dance floor area then how much is it to rent one?
Post # 6
Does the cost of the place include insurance? (It can run $300++)
Can you clean up the next morning or do you need to clean up that night?
What might the venue do about party crashers?
If guests stay later than the alloted time, can they close the bar? (at my location they won’t kick people out or charge us extra, but we’re paying by consumption, so an extra hour = big bucks)
Can you bring in things from outside vendors, or do they require you to go through them or their partner companies? Tables, chairs, rugs, linens, decorations, etc.
Will there be any major renovations or other changes in the building before your event?