(Closed) What do think about chair covers?

posted 8 years ago in Reception
  • poll: How do you feel about chair covers
    Waste of money : (35 votes)
    28 %
    I love them and can afford them : (17 votes)
    14 %
    I hate them- don't like the look : (51 votes)
    41 %
    I love them but can't afford them : (8 votes)
    6 %
    other- explain in post : (13 votes)
    10 %
  • Post # 17
    5950 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: April 2018

Here is what I look for in a chair:

1.  It is available for me to sit on.

2.  It is not wet or dirty.

Post # 18
    733 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

Wow, im suprised at how many others hate chair covers. I thought it was only me.

Post # 19
    1 posts
    Wannabee
    • Wedding: October 2012

Chair covers were great, in the 90’s, and are great, if you have ugly chairs.  My venue had lovely bamboo chairs that were perfect.  We were going for understated elegance and it is exactly what we got.  That beign said, my best friend, LOVED her chair covers.  it really is left at personal preference.  That being said, maybe make your option based off of cost, think of everything else you could do with $675 and decide what is more important to you.

Post # 20
    4044 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

I hate the way they look like a sea of white, especially with white tablecloths. I almost always prefer the chairs themselves.

Post # 21
    9050 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2010

I don’t mind them, but I think if your chairs are acceptable they can easily be skipped.  I had them only because I had a green/white/grey colour scheme and the chairs at our venue were a mish mash of navy and burgundy.  If they’d even been plain black I would have skipped them.

Gratuitious before/after pictures:

Post # 22
    6256 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: March 2014

I had a place tell me that, and asked if I could bring in ones I owned already. They said I could. I think the thing was just that I couldn’t RENT from any other vendors. This is a really stupid rule, though, and if you don’t just adore the place and they aren’t willing to work with you, I’d look elsewhere. I hate it when people try and nickle and dime brides for every cent they have just to make a few extra bucks on kickbacks from other vendors.

Post # 23
    1212 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I don’t like them. They remind me of those sheets that you put over disused furniture in a closed up house. 

Post # 24
    1381 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

I voted “other”- I think chair covers would be nice and necessary if the chairs offered are hideous.  However, if the chairs offered at the venue are chiavari chairs (like the ones at mine) I like the look of those chairs bare.

Post # 25
    1115 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

I don’t like them at all… I think they look like the chairs are covered in trash bags.

Post # 27
    5107 posts
    Bee Keeper

IMO it would be a necessity in my wedding.

Post # 28
    5107 posts
    Bee Keeper

Well, it WAS a necessity…but then we got married as a Destination Wedding in hawaii and there were 10 people in a restaurant for our reception, sooo, it’s kind impossible. If I were to do a reception back home, then I would have chair covers lol

Post # 31
    2143 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2015

I guess I’m the minority here but I really like the look of chair covers… I think it looks really clean and pulled together. Don’t get me wrong, if you can find nice chairs and don’t need chair covers thats great too! But they will be necissary for me and for my venue 🙂

The topic ‘What do think about chair covers?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors