(Closed) What do think about chair covers?

posted 8 years ago in Reception
  • poll: How do you feel about chair covers
    Waste of money : (35 votes)
    28 %
    I love them and can afford them : (17 votes)
    14 %
    I hate them- don't like the look : (51 votes)
    41 %
    I love them but can't afford them : (8 votes)
    6 %
    other- explain in post : (13 votes)
    10 %
  • Post # 32
    1367 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

Ah the chair covers… I hate them but our venue has ugly chairs. 6 months ago I was stressed about added cost of chair covers VS ugly chairs. Now the wedding is 2 months away and I could care less. I don’t think we’ll do chair covers. I so wish the venue has better chairs…

Post # 33
    1367 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

View original reply
    @proverbs131:  Honestly, for that chair I see on the link, I wouldn’t hire chair covers. I think the chair looks fine.

Post # 34
    966 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2016

In general, I think they look silly. Like someone tried to wrap up a chair for a present. haha. And I think they really take away from the centerpieces and draw attention to them, whereas uncovered chairs blend in better. I think the room just looks so much more crowded and dense when chair covers are used. 

Depends on the chair and venue though. If the chair is in really bad condition, or it’s an ugly metal fold-up chair, a cover would be better. We’re using the chiavari chairs that the venue has, and I like them  ^_^ They’re thin, low-key, and still nice looking. 

At most we might do like a simple angled sash.

Post # 35
    9 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: April 2013

I was absolutely against chair covers.  I think they look messy, wrinkly, clunky, etc.  But then I walked into our venue one day and they had a wedding set up with the stretchy chair covers.  I instantly knew I had to have them.  They looked so sleek and really added to the room.  So we’re going with them.  Something I thought I’d never do.  I would have just gone with the regular chairs without covers had I not seen the stretchy ones.  

Post # 36
    2143 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2015

View original reply
    @GinaV72:  I really like the stretchy chair covers too!

Post # 37
    582 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

def prefer the chivari chairs

Post # 38
    37 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I absolutely have to do chair covers at our reception…  they have tables and chairs to use and the chairs are metal and black office looking chairs! eeek! I looked into renting through the company they prefer and it is $600 dollars for 100 white folding chairs….yikes, so I looked into buying chair covers since its cheaper than renting. It only cost me 200.00 and then i can sell them afterwards! I got an amazing deal through linentablecloth.com. I didn’t want to look back and say I should have covered those ugly chairs up. 

Get them if you think you will regret not covering them! The other receptions they have had with them totally take away from the whole thing. 

Post # 41
    3941 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

Hate them!  I really think they date a wedding back to the 90’s. 

Post # 43
    249 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

Personally I think it depends on the chair. For examply my venue has white folding chairs and we can get linens where ever we want. I was able to get table linens, overlay, chair covers, and sashes for about 70 guests (I’m gonna have it increase that now) for $262.00 from a woman who normally rents her linens to other linen companies (wholesale baby!). If you have those beautiful chaivari (sorry spelling?) chairs then you do not need linens at all. However, if you are like me and dislike the look of folding chairs I can understand wanting chair linens.

Post # 44
    37 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
    @proverbs131:  that is really strange they won’t let you bring in your own covers… Can you get one you like and see if they will approve it? it makes me mad when the wedding rental world takes advantage of brides. The cost is low for the products and then they kill you with crazy fees! I’m trying to barely rent anything if I can..

i know a lot of brides don’t like covers, but they are the way to go if you cant afford expensive chair rentals. 🙂 

Post # 45
    1326 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

I like chair covers. They really pull a room together, and if the venue has hideous chairs their a must IMO. Our venue doesn’t have ugly chairs, but they really don’t suit the space at all. Were renting chair covers, found a great deal at $1.50 taxes in. We only have 60 guests, so this works with our budget.

Post # 46
    2651 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2012 - Catholic Church

It was a simple answer for me. We had plastic chairs that I wasn’t super keen on, but I HATE the look of chair covers. They look absolutely silly to me and seem to be a waste of money since we don’t like them, so we did not get them.

The topic ‘What do think about chair covers?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors