We take lots of walks together and explore new neighbourhoods. On Sundays we like to go for brunch at some places in our neighbourhood, grab lattes at another local place, then take them with us as we walk through the nearby ravine.
I’m someone who really likes experiencing new things, so I’m usually (unfortunately) the one who brings up new plan ideas (DH is more of a homebody/routine guy) – but he’s open to what I’d like to do since he knows it makes me happy.
Some things I’d like to do this Summer:
– Go canoing – there are lessons offered at the Harbourfront
– See a play
– Go to a comedy show
– See a few movies that look good
– Try out some new restaurants
– Go to the beach
– Take public transit to a stop we’re unfamiliar with and get out to explore what’s there. (This can be for a bunch of stops)
– Maybe take a “Tourist” tour of our city to see it from a Tourist’s eyes – maybe we’ll learn something!
– Check out various little museums that we haven’t been to since we were kids on field trips
– Maybe take a baking or cooking class together
– Write a few songs together
– Take a bus (we don’t have a car) to a vinyard and learn about making wine (and the differences between wines)
– In the Winter: Go tobogganing & snowman-making. Go skating. Visit a place where they make maple syrup.
– In the Fall, visit an orchard and go on a hay ride, drink apple cider, pick apples, make apple pie at home, make pumpkin pie
I just e-mailed that list to him – thanks for getting it out of me, haha!
Whatever gets us out and *experiencing*.
Hope some of that was helpful/got ideas flowing for you!