(Closed) What do you call a stations style reception?

posted 8 years ago in Food
Post # 3
13096 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

I think that heavy hor d’ourves would cover that description pretty well!  And I view heavy hor d’ourves as plenty of food for a meal.

Post # 4
4137 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

yep, sounds like heavy hor d’oeuvres.

Post # 5
5777 posts
Bee Keeper

Our caterer called it a ‘continuous cocktail party’ (for the wedding reception with stations).

Post # 6
3575 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

We had stations at our wedding and called it a Strolling Reception. 

Post # 7
1046 posts
Bumble bee

agreed… d’oeuvres.

PS I was texting my younger cousin before our wedding came around about what was going on (she’s 16? give or take a year) and she spelled d’oeuvres “orderves”. Off topic, but funny. haha



Post # 8
4485 posts
Honey bee

Just call it dinner since you have the same amount (or more) as a regular dinner. The only difference is the presentation which guests will find out when they arrive. Otherwise, people will be confused and think you are barely feeding them anything.

The topic ‘What do you call a stations style reception?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors