(Closed) What do you call these?

posted 7 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
1798 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

colored pencils?

Post # 6
46590 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Laurentian pencil crayons

Post # 7
359 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

colored pencils

Post # 8
2651 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

Happiness and joy? Lol

Post # 9
46 posts
  • Wedding: October 2012

Coloured pencils.


Will you tell us what this Canadian term is? Or are you just waiting to see if anyone else uses it first?

Post # 11
330 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013


Post # 13
330 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@AB Bride:  I didnt read your post until after I answered, I am also surprised that Amerians do not have the same name for them as Canadians

I have always called them leads

Post # 14
5118 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

We’ve always called those colored pencils in my area. Now I need to know the CA version. Being so close to the border, I always love to get little snippets of Canadian facts 🙂

ETA- pencil crayons…hm. I associate crayons with wax. Learn something new every day.

Post # 16
2606 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Yeah we have all kinds of weird names for stuff:


Hydro:  electricity

Pogey:  Unemployment insurance

twofour: case of twenty four beer

twosix: 26 ounce bottle of liquor

pop: soda

chesterfield:  couch


Not to mention the goofy phrases like

give’er: (loosely translated to try harder, or do it now: instruction to try starting the car after someone boosts it because it won’t start on a -30 morning “ok… GIVE’ER!”

boot:  a quick trip “wanna take a boot over to the grocery store after work?”

deke:  evade something, swerve out of the way, in a somewhat sneaky manner “the cops showed up at the party, so I deked outta there”



The topic ‘What do you call these?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors