Post # 1
I’m just sitting here thinking about the projects I have left… fortunately I’m getting some help from our moms and BMs! Here’s my working list:
- Finish making paper roses and tissue paper poms for centerpieces.
- Buy and wrap mason jars in lace.
- Stamp our monogram on the underlay for the centerpieces and on the cookie bags.
- Print up and cut out table numbers, put in frames
- Print & assemble programs
- Design signs for cookie basket, program basket, guest table, card table
- Paint our monogram on our aisle runner (although a crazy part of me is considering making a petal runner. Please someone talk me out of this).
- Finish the Bridesmaid or Best Man gift bags.
- Make the escord card ribbon board.
- Design, print, and cut escort cards.
- Design and order our photo guest book.
Post # 4
1. finish my own paper flower bouquet
2. Mr. & Mrs. signs for chairs
4. Aisle decor (paper flowers in mason jars hanging from chairs)
5. finish giant Paper flower garland for gazebo
6. Escort cards and seating chart
7. Guest book monogram initial (but my parents are making this, phew!)
8. Table numbers
9. Bridesmaid or Best Man giftbags
10. bouts and corages (paper flowers as well)
okay apparently I have a lot to do! But I have my centerpieces done lol and Bridesmaid or Best Man bouquets
Post # 5
Hmm, well, I have to finish strassing my second pair of shoes. After that I think it’s working on my Out of Town bags and welcome letter. Then possibly addressing my invites if I don’t break down and send them out to be done by a pro.
Post # 6
I do not have that many more things:
> I have to finish decorating with twine on the jars for my centerpieces
> Make placeholders
> Make seating chart
> Make just a few more paper flowers for our arch
> Make my s’mores favors (I’ve already got the packaging materials set up, I just need to actually put them together)
I’m probably going to get help from Future Mother-In-Law and Future Sister-In-Law for the s’mores. The rest of the projects I can handle myself.
Post # 7
@MrsNerdy: I am in no small way currently obsessed with paper flowers. 🙂 Pictures?
@Aure: What’s strassing?
Post # 8
@DeathByDesign: s’mores sound awesome!!
Post # 9
@atalante: oh I’m right there with you on the paper flowers! I have been diligently making them since August! My newest creation:
I am going to add that little guy into my bouquet, which is going to be made of this type of rose but all that swirly print in ivory:
and here is the start to my giant paper flower garland:
also I just remembered I am turning these shoes:
into these shoes (kinda):
here are my roses I’ve made so far:
Post # 10
@MrsNerdy: OMG those look awesome! I’ll put some pics up of mine when I get home. Are you working off a pattern/instructions, or just kind of freehanding as you go?
Post # 11
Post # 12
Are any of you doing these DIY projects from afar? (i.e. if you don’t live in the same place or within driving distance of your wedding?)
There are tons of projects I’d love to start on (like decor), but live several states away from my venue.
Also, I’d love to see more pics/links of all of your inspirations/tutorials on how to do this all! Especially the centerpieces, decor, card boxes, bride/groom chair signs?
I am planning to diy my invites. I have my design finished (ai) but am not sure how to execute yet …
Post # 13
@seatxbee: I am a few hours drive from my venue, but I guess we’ll just load the car up!