(Closed) What do you like & do no like to receive on Valentines day?

posted 7 years ago in Holidays
  • poll: What do you like/not like as a V-day gift?
    I do like flowers. : (84 votes)
    24 %
    I do like chocolates. : (59 votes)
    17 %
    I do like jewelry. : (78 votes)
    22 %
    I do like stuffed animals. : (25 votes)
    7 %
    I do NOT like flowers. : (13 votes)
    4 %
    I do NOT like chocolates. : (24 votes)
    7 %
    I do NOT like jewelry. : (10 votes)
    3 %
    I do NOT like stuffed animals. : (62 votes)
    17 %
  • Post # 3
    371 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: February 2011

Um candy or chocolates, or chocolate covered strawberries or anything enjoyable to eat are always on my list wants Smile. I don’t know what I don’t want….

Post # 4
    768 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

Hahaha I’d like to get anything! πŸ™‚ Fiance thinks valentines day is a hallmark holiday so we really dont do much for it. I can’t really complain as he buys me random “I love you” gifts throughout the year, so yeah.

Since I’m on a diet, I would not be pleased if he bought chocolate and stuffed animals just lay around. My fav would be jewelry

Post # 6
    4693 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

I haaaate getting chocolates, I try to give them away to someone else or they go in the trash and its such a waste!

Post # 8
    Hostess
    11166 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

Flowers, yes please! Jewelery, OF COURSE!

After adopting a healthier lifestyle over two years ago I have tried to avoid candy and it bothers me greatly when people know this about me and yet still give me bucket loads (case in point my FMIL). It is a sweet guesture but wasted money as I just have to give it all away.

Post # 9
    1115 posts
    Bumble bee

I love jewelry, and flowers, and pretty much anything SO gives me, but I am one of those weirdos who DOES NOT like chocolate.

Post # 10
    4693 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

@Sweet.Sugar.Rose:  

Haha my SO knows better than to get me chocolates, but my mom and dad still buy them for me! My SO always gets me flowers and cooks me dinner. πŸ™‚

Post # 13
    2981 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

I hate stuffed animals. Darling Husband has gotten me 2 in the 4 V-days we’ve been together. I still have them but they do get in the way and honestly I think they’re a little juvenile. In his defense, they were included in the flowers he got me, so what can a girl do? πŸ™‚ 

The sweetest thing he’s done was make me a hand made card with a picture of us on it. It’s turning yellow on the edges and getting a little crispy, but I still have it hanging up beside my computer. Things from the heart mean more than the candy/flowers/stuffed bears. 

I wouldn’t exactly flush jewlery down the toilet tho… just so we’re clear! haahaa! 

Post # 14
    9482 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2012

I voted for all the do not like options.  It’s a commercialized holiday.  I’d rather have Fiance surprise me on a random day to “show” that he loves me though he does every single day. =)

Post # 15
    1048 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

I basically don’t like any of the traditional gifts. I told Fiance that I don’t like flowers the first year we were together (because they die and it’s sad to throw them out). Instead, he sent me a gift package of fancy pants gourmet CHEESES. It was the best Valentine’s gift ever. Cheese is way better than flowers, and it was so delicious.

We don’t do gifts for Valentine’s Day now, but last year he did get me roses, which I ended up thinking was very sweet and they did look beautiful on the table with the fancy meal I cooked.

Post # 16
    2104 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

I’m on a very low-sugar diet for health reasons, so no candy (DH is COMPLETELY supportive on this).  Flowers and jewelry?  Yes.  Stuffed animals are a no, because I have severe dust mite allergies.
    Geez, I just vetoed 50% of the “usual” gifts citing health reasons…such a dork.

Side note: Darling Husband admitted he almost ordered these as my gift… https://www.orderhotbooties.com/

SO GLAD he didn’t.

The topic ‘What do you like & do no like to receive on Valentines day?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors