Post # 1
I know I am super gushy this weekend because it’s my last weekend living alone. Yep, we move in together next weekend! Yay!
But I am also super gushy because T is so into us moving in together and is being amazingly helpful. He’s also:
- paying for my movers (I had a very very bad experience w/my last move)
- having a really expensive fence put up at his house just for our beloved doggies. What a good doggie daddy!
- The BIG one: Mentioned to me yesterday he loves my son so much he hopes to adopt him if that can be a possibility one day because he wants to be his 100 percent dad as he just loves him so much too.
What recently has you just over the moon happy with your significant other? I only wrote three things, but I tell you, I could write a book about how wonderful he is!
Let’s hear your happiness! Let’s hear why you’re choosing to spend the rest of your life with the person you are with!
Post # 3
Gosh, where is a girl to begin. The number one thing I love about my fiance is that he is an amazing father. I had son before we met and we have a daughter together. Not only has he never made a difference between them but his family does the same. He always tells people he has 2 children and it brings tears to my eyes everytime I hear it. I also love that he is so supportive of the things I want. He is a guy that says he wouldn’t care if we got married in potatoe sacks in front of the dumpster as long as we are married, yet he is adamant about me having the wedding of my dreams. I couldn’t be more in love.
Post # 4
We have this underlying commitment and love for each other. I say underlying because we are not the mushy, pda type and we don’t have to kiss and love on each other all the time to feel that security and love is there. We say we have already lived though our 1st year of marriage because we both moved out of state together- away from both of our families and friend- so my fiance can start med school. It transistioned our relationship from a college, hangout all the time and relax type to “we need to not go out to eat this week to make sure we can pay rent” and “we can not hang out because I have to study all the time.” Don’t get me wrong though we are definitely going to get plenty of kissy time now that his finals are over and he has 3 weeks off from school 😉
It’s the security that we love each other and are committed to what ever we come across we can make it though together. Plus he is more of a jokester and I am more serious- we balance each other out.
Post # 5
I love that I know I can count on him to take care of things that need to be done, no matter how busy either of us is.
I love that it’s important to him to spend time with my extended family (he isn’t really close to his own and I’m VERY close to mine), including my 79-year-old grandmother–including spending a Saturday cleaning her house with me to help her out.
I love how supportive and loving he is when anyone in my family is going through something tough. I got off the phone with my 82-year-old grandmother last nitght and told him that she’s “kind of losing it,” and he gave me a big comforting hug and said, “I’m sorry, honey.”
I love how generous he is. When we go to church, he never drops less than $20 in t he tray, and I love his perspective on spending/saving money: don’t be afraid to spend on the ones you love or the things that are important, but be responsible and careful with what you have.
I love that he always has me in mind when it comes to making plans for evenings/weekends.
I love that he can dance! 😉
Post # 6
Ooooh… fun thread!!
I love that we are first and foremost best friends. The romance is definitely there, but it’s more like the icing on the cake. What gets us through the hard times is our friendship.
I love that he is ALWAYS honest with me. Always. Whether it’s brutal that-really-doesn’t-flatter-you stuff, or him ‘fessing up to something, I can 100% trust him to tell me the truth.
I love that he is a very good balance of being strong and affectionate/tender. He has a very difficult time talking about his feelings, but he lets his guard down with me.
There’s more, but I’ll stick to my top 3 for now 🙂
Post # 7
There are many significant deep things that make me happy with my man. But there these are some recent things that just make me feel amazed and happy. Recently:
- I had a bad fall, got very hurt, and immediately he flew seven hours from where he was working on an important project to take care of me, take me to the hospital and all of my doctor apts. , cook for the week and take care of my two cats. He is not a big cat fan but he did everything I would have done for my two cats including talking to them and cleaning up a hairball.
- I went a little nuts in a shoe store recently and he happily carried my purse and all the boxes of shoes I wanted to try on. He also pretended to be interested while I discussed the difference of each of the shoes and what I thought about them.
- Most recently he stayed up to make sure I got home ok from a wedding I went to. He had to work early the next day, and I was driving home in the rain so he was worried and stayed up till I made it home.
I just adore his thoughtfulness and he makes me feel so happy and loved.
Post # 8
LOL, this is going to be so terrible!
- We’re trying to get our landscaping done, and it was weeding central. We both hate weeding, but we buckled down one weekend and got it all finished. We both got a terrible case of poison ivy all over our arms, and he says to me, “eh, it’s worth it…at least you didn’t have to have poison ivy by yourself, and the yard looks nice!”
What a sweetheart :o)
Post # 9
- I love that he can read my needs/mood/face without me having to say anything – he just seems to notice when I need a hug or a little reassurance.
- I love that he gives my children all of himself and loves them so deeply. Last night my daughter asked if I told her dad that she love Fiance more than him. Of course the answer was no and she said well daddy said you did (he’s AWESOME, let me tell ya). Fiance looked at her and said “Sweetie, it’s not a contest. I love you so much and you love me too. That’s the cool thing about love. You’ll always have enough for me and your dad.”
- I love that he remembers little things. Every morning when I wake up, the TV is switched to the channel I watch the morning news on. He changes it every night before he leaves.
- I love that he supports and encourages me. He was laid off a while ago and was so supportive and proud when I got a raise and a promotion this year.
- I love that he touches me… when we walk he puts his hand in the small of my back, we hold hands on the couch and he regularly rubs my back while I fall asleep.
- I love that we laugh at the same stupid stuff.
- I love that he is so vested in the wedding planning and process. Seriously – a hands on DIY groom!
- I love that he protects us as a family unit in difficult situations (the further we get with the wedding plans, the more weird things people say and do). Whether his family, my family, or a friend – his response is the same and he defers to me before responding.
- I love our trust.
- I love that he is a good communicator.
I could go on forever. Such a blessed girl!
Post # 10
So many things I love about him!!
He is so thoughtful & caring, he cares not only for me but for other people, it amazes me and I admire him for that.
He’s very smart.
He treats me like royalty.
He’s so intuitive! Not super clueless like so many men out there. Not sure if that makes sense.
He’s super funny, seriously.
He drives over an hour (one way) several times a week to see me. Planned or spontaneously.
I know he’s not perfect, he’s not very verbally expressive when it comes to feelings but I do feel blessed to have found each other, he sure is one of a kind!
I am so into him it’s ridiculous. 🙂
Post # 11
I recently accepted a position to teach this fall, but it’s almost 2 hours away from where we currently live. He grew up here and his parents are 20 minutes away from where we are. My husband is giving up a job that he enjoys so that I can do what I’ve dreamed of doing. We both had decent jobs and were comfortable, and I told him he could say no at any point and I wouldn’t hold it against him, I’d understand. We just found out yesterday that we got the apartment we wanted. He’s an amazing man.
I was telling my husband last night how blessed I am to have married a man who is willing to take on so much responsibility at an age when most our age would rather party (he’s 22, I just turned 24). We are happy together and so blessed.
Post # 12
He took 3 days off work to clean out his parents’ house and our future apartment and plan our engagement party/parents’ first meeting weekend.
Post # 13
What I love most about him is what also initially impressed me–he is the most genuinely caring person I have ever met….he cares so much about people in general. He’s also super-smart, strong, handsome, a family-man, and so polite and sweet…and he has this little southern accent and cute lil smile [swoon!] How did I get so lucky?