Post # 46
I make my hubbys lunch but he chooses what goes into it usually!
His consists of:
Peanut butter and jelly
Package of crackers
Sweet snack, usually cookies
2 Wintergreen mints when I remember to put them in!
Post # 47
we always eat leftovers normally with a banana and a yogurt for snack. I really enjoy leftovers much more than a sandwich.
Post # 48
My Fiance eats whatever is leftover from the night/days before. Sometimes on the weekends I will cook a big pan of lasagna, or a pot of chili and he will take that all week, and then he will take snacks/chocolate on top of that.
Post # 49
Of course these men are capable of making their own lunch
mine isnt and he knows i dont like him in my kitchen!
todays lunch for hubby was sliced bbq chicken (he will pick up a fresh breadroll on his way to work), cheese, salad and fruit
Post # 50
The 1950’s were very good to us. examples: Elvis, and silly putty
Some of my more creative meals:
- chicken tacqitos- mini or half a tortilla with shredded chicken, and cheese. I’ll mash an avocado and mix with sour crème for him to dip in.
- Salmon salad. I’ll precook a salmon filet and put it in a baggie(so its cold that day), he mixes it with a salad.
- Thermos Meals on their own- Soups, Chowders, Spaghetti, and Raviolis.
- Sandwiches :Meatloaf, salmon, and veggie (with beans).
Use a thermos to have hot meat or beans to make
- Tri Tip Sandwich with Au Jus – Leftover tri tip and juice in a thermos. He drains the meat and puts on a sandwich or hoagie. Dips into the side cup. I pre add mustard and cheese to the sandwich.
- Nachos, Burrito, or side of tortilla – Leftover meat (shrimp, chicken, pork, carne asada, ham, ect) or beans in the mini thermos he drains the meat and adds to chips, or tortilla. Side baggie with rice, veggies (tomato, lettuce, sour crème..).
- Pulled pork hoagie – Hot pork in small thermos he adds to bun.
I have a thing about mushy food, so I try to make everything be not mushy by aseembling it last minute. I don’t really do much for side dishes, just steamed veggies or a side of fruit. We don’t like 50 different meal items.
I’ve gotten some good ideas to incorporate thanks!