(Closed) What do you think?

posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 46
338 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

Those aren’t even that faint! I think the digitals aren’t as sensitive. I didn’t even try a digital until after my period was late. Congrats on your BFP! (If you think you might obsessively test like I did, it might be worth picking up some Dollar Tree cheapies).

Post # 47
2395 posts
Buzzing bee

MrsD41503:  You won’t get a visit from AF girl, that’s a strong positive (not even a squinter!). You’re definitely pregnant, congratulations! I would go ahead and make an appointment with your doctor for a blood test to confirm (they did mine the same day I called). There’s no need to wait for the digital – they’re not as sensitive and take a while to register. You have permission to get excited lady! Congrats! 

P.S. Get used to being dead tired- it’s a pregnancy symptom! I’m 10 weeks and I’m exhausted all.the.time. 🙂

Post # 48
Hostess
11051 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

MrsD41503: I can see a second line, not even a squinter, congratulations!

Post # 50
85 posts
Worker bee

MrsD41503:  I would say find another doctor lol. I got a blood test done the day I came in saying I had a positive pregnancy test. It ultimately ended in a very early miscarraige, but they gave me the blood test right away!

Post # 51
2395 posts
Buzzing bee

MrsD41503:  I agree with mkl105, you may want to look into a different doctor. While it’s too early to see anything on an ultrasound (you’ll have your first one of those between 8 and 10 weeks) it’s definitely not too early for a blood test to confirm pregnancy. Like @mkl105, I had my blood test done the same day I called to tell them I had a positive pregnancy test. They measure the level of HCG in your blood to confirm you’re pregnant, so as soon as you’re pregnant it’s not “too early.” 

Maybe the nurse was just having an off day. I would try to call back and say that you’ve had a positive at home pregnancy test and would like to come in for a blood draw to confirm pregnancy and see what they say. If they blow you off again, I would find a new doc. 

Post # 53
2395 posts
Buzzing bee

MrsD41503:  Good luck. 🙂 Do you remember the first day of your last menstrual period (LMP)? You can use that date to determine how far along you are, and therefore when you should schedule your first appointment for an ultrasound. 

Post # 54
1285 posts
Bumble bee

“Dead tired” is another obvious early pregnancy sign!

Post # 55
1285 posts
Bumble bee

FYI:  My clinic didn’t see me for my first appointment until I was approximately 6-8 weeks along.

Post # 56
1769 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Super positive! Congrats!!

Post # 58
5889 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2012

MrsD41503:  I kind of want you to retest the digital again. Not because you need confirmation, but just to see another positive! 🙂

Post # 60
2395 posts
Buzzing bee

MrsD41503:  It’s absolutely true that they won’t see you for your first appointment/ultrasound until later, but they should absolutely be able to give you a blood test now. It may be different in your area OP, since you’re so rural, but around here it’s standard practice to confirm pregnancy with a blood test as soon as you find out.

If your LMP was 28 days ago today, then you’re 4 weeks along today. You can plug that into an online due date calculator to see what your estimated due date is (they’ll tell you more accurately after your first ultrasound). You should have the blood test asap if they’ll do it. Some people (myself included) then have what’s called an “intake appointment” around 6 weeks where they take all of your family history, have you pee in a cup, and explain more about the upcoming process. They also scheduled my first ultrasound at that first appointment. Some people have all of this happen at the first ultrasound at between 8 and 10 weeks which, for you, would be about a month from now. 

The topic ‘What do you think?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors