What do you think?

posted 2 months ago in Career
Post # 2
829 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2019

I think she should choose whatever fulfills her most.  I have a booming career right now that I’ve worked my tail off for.  But I feel now like I’ve fulfilled that adventure and am ready for the next one, which would be family.

Also, sorry in advance for all the flak you’re probably going to get for saying women are equal to men.  If you’re meaning to troll people, you’ll probably get exactly what you were looking for.

Post # 3
3821 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

She shouldn’t just go ahead and choose it on her own and she shouldn’t “refuse to work” at the expense of her husband’s happiness or lifestyle.  Neither one should be point blank refusing to work, that isn’t a partnership in my opinion. 

But if both parties are comfortable with the woman staying home then that is their business. 

Post # 4
1896 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

burrita :  Everyones situation is different. I know that if I have a child I won’t work for the first couple of years, but my husband and I have discussed that and we’re on the same page. If I got pregnant and just told my husband “I’m quitting my job, tough shit” then that would be a huge problem.

Post # 5
4433 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

burrita :  each family chooses what’s best for their family…?

If it’s best for mom to stay home, the family chooses to have mom home. If it’s best for the family to have moms income, mom goes to work.

Post # 6
4433 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

Are you also implying that women who work are not choosing their family?

Post # 7
2438 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2021

Huh?

Choose what works best for you and your family, but remember that your desires don’t come before your husbands. You are partners, so if you both agree that it is best if he works and you stay home with kids, that’s great, but the way you said “refuse to work” makes me think you basically want to do whatever you want and expect your husband to deal with it. 

Post # 8
6035 posts
Bee Keeper

burrita :  you can only refuse to work if someone else agrees to support you otherwise that’s how you end up homeless. 

If a woman wants to be a stay at home wife/mother then that’s a valid choice but she needs to find a partner that is on the same page. If your current partner doesn’t want to be the sole provider then you will have some choices to make. 

Post # 9
680 posts
Busy bee

I second Sansa85 : ‘s question. Just because you choose to or have to work doesn’t mean you don’t put your family first.

Post # 10
6035 posts
Bee Keeper

tulipdazey :   Sansa85 :  I didn’t take her question that way – I thought she meant should she chose a partner and demand that he support her whether or not he’s on board with it. But if your interpretation is right then yea – that’s ridiculous. 

Post # 11
680 posts
Busy bee

LilliV :  I mean, either way it’s ridiculous. But, I can see what you are saying now.

Post # 15
2747 posts
Sugar bee

burrita :  A more interesting question would be why is it that men don’t face that quandary: career or fatherhood? And why is it usually a given that no matter if the woman continues to work or not, he will continue to work?

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors