Post # 1
I like writing questionnaires. In your opinion, who/what do you think is the most overrated stuff? Please no arguments. This is just for fun and everyone’s opinion will vary.
- Entertainer (name one singer and one actor/actress)
- Place for vacation/visiting
- Any annual popular event, holiday, etc.
- One random wedding related thing
Post # 2
Pink Floyd and Ryan Reynolds
Post # 3
1. Jennifer Lawrence – I never really enjoy anything she’s in but people seem to love her
2. Vegas – Went once and have no interest in ever going again, it’s just not my thing
3. The Super Bowl. I don’t care.
4. Cauliflower is disgusting and I will never use it as a replacement for delicious carbs.
5. It’s not so much overrated but the pressure people put on themselves for this “perfect day” It’s just a party. It’s supposed to be fun. Have good food, good booze, and music and people will have a good time. The rest is all just fluff there’s no reason to stress about.
Post # 4
I can’t edit my original post somehow. But also please feel free to explain why like hikingbride if you feel like venting.
Post # 5
- Wedding: April 2017 - City, State
Cardi B / James Franco
Having wedding parties (we completely skipped having bridesmaids/groomsmen and it was the best!)
Post # 6
1. Scarlet Johansson! Maybe Arianna grande
3. Thanksgiving. Controversial lol. I don’t like turkey or cooking or the pressure to perform gratuity
5.Toasts/speeches. I would cut them entirely if my partner wasn’t so into the idea.
Post # 7
3. Valentine’s Day
4. Goat cheese
5. Bridal parties doing cutesy dances as they’re being introduced. Mine just walked in to the room LOL
Post # 8
1. Actor: Adam Sandler – he drives me crazy and I don’t find him that funny
Singer: Ariana Grande – sure she’s talented…still don’t like her
2. Paris – this is completely based off of travel blogs and reviews I’ve read as I’ve planned trips in the past. I just have no desire to ever go there based on the horrible reviews I’ve read. I’m sure there are beautiful and wonderful aspects…but just no thanks.
3. Valentine’s Day- too much pressure to buy overpriced items to show someone how much you love them.
4. Technically a drink…but beer. I can’t stand it and don’t see anyone finds it refreshing.
5. Garter toss- I find it a little cringey and icky
Post # 10
Jennifer Aniston- she plays the same person all the time. Also, Matthew Mcconaughey as I have friends in the film industry say he’s extremely unpleasant. Also deeply dislike Kardashians and don’t know why they are still around.
NYC! Even though I live here and love it. I just find it so tiring for tourists as so much to do. Also Vegas is the biggest waste of money and time.
Valentine’s Day as it is so commercialized and I hate hate Thanksgiving! All the cleaning up after cooking “to bond with family” just order takeout.
Oysters and cheese
First look, I don’t get it, it looks like a new thing that popped up in the last 5 years? Also first dances, especially when people try to do a show. Sometimes it’s funny but most often it is cringe. You don’t need to ‘entertain’ guests.
Post # 12
1. Beyonce/ Jennifer Lawrence
2. Atlantic City
3. Mardi Gras. Also Valentine’s Day!
Post # 13
1. Jennifer Lawrence & Bob Dylan (sorry, I just don’t get it )
2. Times Square – get me out of there!
3. Valentine’s Day – Do we really need an overly commercialized day to show our partners we love them?
4. Cauliflower – it is not rice, it is not mashed potatoes, and yes, I can always tell the difference. Yuck!
5. Choreographed “surprise” dances
Post # 15
Will Ferrell / Adam Sandler (pretending to be a man-child isn’t acting); Arianna Grande (she is problematic and just bugs me)
NYC – it’s crowded, expensive, dirty, gross. I enjoy the shows and seeing my friends that live there…but otherwise I just don’t get the appeal.
Valentine’s Day – see above comments
Hot sauce on everything. I don’t mind hot sauce, but why do people feel the need to smother it on everything they eat?
People asking what your wedding theme is…isn’t the theme just wedding? Or memorial chairs – I would never hate on someone that had one, but personally I don’t understand them and sometimes find them creepy.