(Closed) What do you think people will think the ering trend of 2000-2010 was?

posted 7 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
11390 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

Well here recently everyone I know in real life has a princess cut or halo & a few have round/three stone. 

Post # 4
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Definitely halos, diamond-covered bands, and platinum/white gold.

Post # 5
1205 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Definitely halos! I agree on the white gold/platinum, too–rings are seldom yellow gold anymore although I think it’s on the rise now (maybe the next decade will be more yellow than white, we’ll see).

Post # 6
Bee
6473 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

I was definitely going to say halo’s – they are everywhere these days, and I don’t remember really seeing them as HUGE until recently. (I love them, though.)

Post # 7
4605 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I agree with the halos and the white gold/platinum. Most every ring I’ve seen lately has been a white gold halo.

Post # 8
1359 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I agree with you – princess solitaires and halos. I really hope I still love my halo ring in ten+ years. Right now I can’t imagine anything more beautiful but I bet women who got married in the 80’s thought that too and now I think their rings tend to be kinda hideous. : /

Post # 9
726 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Ha, I have a princess with a halo! He made the final selection, though, and he isn’t one to follow fashion trends. He just thought it was pretty and my style.

Post # 10
1493 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I agree about the two main styles of the 2000s. I knew that I always wanted a princess solitare before I got engaged. I like the halos, but they just aren’t me. I really didn’t notice them until after I got married. I’m curious to see what the engagement ring trend of 2012 will be.

Post # 11
5921 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

I’ve seen a lot of three stone rings, including mine.  Which doesn’t bother me. I have seen a lot of halos too.

Post # 12
5147 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

It’s funny that everyone says “halo”. I have a halo and love it, and I see them commonly online, but I don’t know anybody else IRL that has one. (Kind of like photobooths; I see lots of them online, but I’ve never been to a wedding with one.) I don’t really care if they are popular or not, I got it because I liked it; I never know they were “popular” or “in” until I started looking at wedding stuff online.

Post # 13
5147 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@moonadea – What was the “style” in the 80s?

Post # 14
7606 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I think you named the top two!  I would say definitely halos.  I feel like everyone has one!  Also, diamonds in the e-ring band.  I feel like you either have a solitaire with a plain band these days, or a halo with stones in the band. 🙂

That being said, I have a three stone, haha, and I’ve obviously seen many other styles on the bee, they’re just maybe a bit less popular/common.

Post # 15
4824 posts
Honey bee

agree with halos. I love them, but decided against it because I was afraid it would look to dated/trendy of a period of time. They may not though

I see many newly engaged with halos. 

Post # 16
4824 posts
Honey bee

@abbyful: I think pear shaped diamonds… or maybe that would be 90s.  My mom had one from her second marriage and its a great diamond. She hates it now.

The topic ‘What do you think people will think the ering trend of 2000-2010 was?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors