(Closed) What do you think people will think the ering trend of 2000-2010 was?

posted 9 years ago in Rings
Post # 47
9816 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

View original reply
@TheMrs2013: Yeah haha people think halo rings just recently burst onto the scene for some reason. Really they have been popular since the Victorian era.

Post # 48
6065 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

View original reply
@KatyElle: I always think that too anytime they are described as trendy! I see halos as very classic and timeless.

Post # 49
1679 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I don’t think trendy needs to mean new…just en vogue. Halos aren’t new, but I think they are in almost every jeweler’s case right now, from Harry Winston to Zales.

What do you all think is next?

Post # 50
72 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Everyone I know that just recently got engaged has a round cut diamond with mini diamonds along the ring band (either half way down or all the way around). I agree with halo – I see that everywhere too!

Post # 51
2977 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I’d say 3 stone rings seemed popular a few years ago, and halos are more in vogue now.

Post # 52
4108 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@MrsFuzzyFace: I think you’re spot on with the princess cut center in the early 2000’s- it’s exactly what envisioned for a future ering back then. It seems the last couple years EVERYONE I’ve known to get engaged has gotten a halo too. Also agree with the white gold comment by a PP. The only person I know IRL to have a yellow gold wedding set is my mother.

Post # 53
5667 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
@Jeannine @ Small Chic: Agreed.

I think rose gold is really coming into fashion.

Post # 54
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
@Aure: I second the rose gold trend! 

Post # 55
121 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@storm0075 I agree with the more bling being a trend. I see big rocks or tons of little diamonds on most people. Or both!

My mom and aunts all have much more modest rings. My mom originally got a white gold ring in the 70s. In the 80s my parents got a matching yellow gold ring. So white gold always seemed so classic to me.

Post # 56
169 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I have to disagree with the halos thing. Mine is the only one I’ve ever seen in real life. Three stone rings are HUGE around here, both princess cut and round.

Post # 57
11375 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

View original reply
@galloway111: lol Well I love my marquise & like you I don’t know anyone personally other than my mom who has one. Also my mom’s ring is yellow gold. I think it was really big then, too!

Post # 58
3148 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

really huge center stones.

Post # 59
9816 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

I definitely agree, rose gold and antique cuts are going to be huge. I think the “upcycled” factor is a big draw, plus they are just flat out gorgeous.

Post # 60
490 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2016

I agree with the halos and princess cut diamonds being in style.  I definitely see a lot of them and even thought I wanted a princess cut stone when I was thinking about rings.  Some of the things I am starting to see become more popular are mixing the differen golds in sets, cushion diamonds, colored stone halos and aquamarine e-rings.  I also see bigger center stones because of the different stones you can get now.

Post # 61
1493 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

When I got engaged in 2008 and before it, princess cut and round solitares seemed to be the most popular. Since we got married, it seems that halos have shot up in popularity. I only know a few people with three stone rings. Actually among my friends, there’s quite a few sapphire engagement rings. I know someone with a yellow diamond engagement ring too.

The topic ‘What do you think people will think the ering trend of 2000-2010 was?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors