(Closed) What do you think people will think the ering trend of 2000-2010 was?

posted 9 years ago in Rings
Post # 77
426 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
@CaptainSpaulding:

Exactly. Totally agree. But the question is what do you think people will think of the ring trends. And as I can’t speak for anyone else, I’m saying personally.. I’m not in favour.

Post # 78
3148 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Oh i know!!! I got engaged in  2003 I think (??) and the three stone rings were HUGE back then…i remember my ex-fiance got me a three stone peoples ring and I was totally bummed.

I got engaged again in 2010 and it was a Verragio split shank halo ring…its deff. the trend now, i see it everywhere. I wanted something “antique” looking so i love it.

Post # 79
426 posts
Helper bee

Bees, if you’re going to get upset because someone hates the type of ring you wear, then you’re going to have problems. I don’t care about your rings. I care about rings in general, and the ones I have seen I do not like. I apologise for being offensive, but seriously don’t take it personally. This isn’t about you + your ring, this is about personal taste. If someone said “I hate all these newfangled rings with the wooden bands and the ugly moissanite stones,” I wouldn’t be offended at all. I don’t even get upset when people look at my ring and after a few seconds say, “oh.. how unusual!” It’s my ring and I absolutely love it, so who cares?

Post # 80
106 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I have a pear shaped halo ring and I absolutely love it. I don’t care if other people don’t like it because it is what I wanted! I actually don’t see a lot of halos, just in the stores, and I never see anyone with a pear shaped diamond. I would have to say that most people I see have princess cut three stone rings. I think that they are pretty but very popular!

Post # 81
4108 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@leafgum: Got it. I guess my point was that we’re not all going to agree on what we like best, it’s impossible. I think what this thread was asking was what you think the trends were/will be, not exactly whether or not they are your personal taste. Of course everyone wants to be unique & proclaim they are not following a trend. For the record, I don’t have a halo nor do I particularly prefer them. I also wouldn’t call them ugly- that’s redic & seems to be asking for responses and attention.  

Post # 82
126 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

I think everyone should get whatever they like regardless of how in style or original it is.  It should make YOU happy regardless of what others think.  I’m usually behind the times so I wouldn’t even venture a guess as to what will be in style 5 years from now!  Probably bigger.. and more color perhaps.

I’m more classic – I find following trends to be somewhat exhausting, although sometimes you have little choice because you have to choose from what’s available.

I’m not sure why people give so much importance to rings and diamonds anyway… or styles that will most likely be dated in 20 years no matter what you get.  😛  That said, I tend to like most ring styles as long as they’re not overly huge.  I have recently fallen in love with filligree rings!  (Nothing to do with the stone, but I love the workmanship on some of the nicer ones… the metal is sometimes worth more than the diamond!)

Post # 83
1609 posts
Bumble bee

I think the princess cut solitare in white gold is the trend of 2000-2010.  Everyone I know who got engaged during that time period has something similar to that, but they are beautiful!  I think halos are going to be the next trend.  I have to say that my ring is all over the map… I have a 3 stone white gold ring with a marquise and 2 pears.  All three stones have a halo!  The only other person I know that got engaged recently has a beautiful blue sapphire, so I am not too sure what the trends are.

Post # 84
3216 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

I think colored stones and colored diamonds are going to become the new trend.  I’ve seen a few younger friends with black diamond engagement rings, and I think colored stones are getting more en vogue. 

Post # 85
426 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@CaptainSpaulding: Oh my word. You’re right. Hahaha. I just reread the title of the thread 3 times and then realised I was putting an “of” in there. HAHA sorry!!! Well now you all know my personal taste in rings.

Post # 86
9816 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

View original reply
@leafgum: I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t like it if someone said “No offense, but your dress is ugly” regardless. It’s just rude and uncalled for, and not really cool to do on a forum with tons of different tastes.

Post # 87
426 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@KatyElle:

Didn’t know it was such a sensitive topic. And shockingly (to some?), I would not care if someone said that. Because it’s my dress, I love it, and Fiance does too, so I don’t give a rats ass what someone else says about it. They can have their own taste and I can have mine. What people say about my choices based on their personal style doesn’t bother me. Now, if someone tried to push their personal style on me because they think I should conform to it, that would bother me. Besides, did I say “your ring is ugly?” Nope, I said I think the style is ugly. If that’s offensive to everyone in the world who has halo rings, maybe I shouldn’t tell you all that I also think strapless dresses are boring?? I can quite easily shrug off a comment about a style that I like when someone else doesn’t.

Anyways, as it was just pointed out, this thread isn’t even about personal tastes after all.

Post # 88
11324 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

I don’t see why people get offended when someone says “I think x is ugly.” So leafgum things halos are ugly… do any of you really value her opinion so much that you’re offended? Everyone has different opinions and as long as she’s not singling somone out I don’t really see the point in getting all up in a tizzy about it. 

Re: trends– totally agree with the princess cut solitaire in white gold. That was my dream ring in the early-mid 2000s!! I also agree that halos are trendy now (yes, I know they’re a classic style but there are LOTS of classic styles and this is one that is very popular right now). I actually know quite a few people in real life who have halos. I do think white gold in general was a trend too. Yellow is definitely making a comeback and rose gold will probably have a bit of a trend of its own coming up. 

As for the next big thing… I don’t know? It makes me sad when people say that cushion cuts are going to be the next trend. I wanted one before I ever got on weddingbee and before I got engaged and I knew 0 people in real life that had one. I only even knew about it because I saw some celebrity with one I think (can’t even remember!). Now I know just 1 other person in real life with one… but it would kind of bum me out if they got super popular because I like that my ring is different from all of the other rings I see all the time. 

Post # 89
9816 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

View original reply
@leafgum:

View original reply
@CorgiTales:

I’m actually not offended, I could give 2 shits what people like or don’t like. I think most people know by now that I don’t take the internetz to heart. I personally (disclaimer, opinion, whatever you want to call it) cringe when someone announces they think something is “ugly.”

Post # 90
5667 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
@CorgiTales: It was rude and unsolicited. I was not and am not offended, it was just uncalled for. She apologized and admitted that she misread the title of the thread, so at this point all’s well that ends well.

The topic ‘What do you think people will think the ering trend of 2000-2010 was?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors