Post # 1
Here are my takes on it and I’d love to hear yours! We’re a little more than halfway thru the year but some of these are still going strong!
4)”quirky” weddings (like unusual or strange stuff at a wedding)
5)mermaid or trumpet silhouette in gowns and strapless gowns
I just wonder what the trend for 2010 will be and I’m on the outlook for a way to make it unique and mine all mine! But it’s fun isn’t it? Looking back and seeing what made us all smile in 09!~
Post # 3
1) Bridesmaids NOT matching
2) Cocktail Bridesmaid dresses
Ditto on all of those! We had a few lol.
Hmmmm i’m dying to know what is very 2010. Can’t wait. I’m still getting bridal magazines
Post # 4
By The Way, have pick up dresses died out yet? These trends might still be around in 2010!
Post # 5
- Wedding: August 2009 - St. Thomas of Villanova Church & the F.U.E.L. House
1) colored shoes
2) props in wedding day photos
And yeah…we’ll be doing a bit of both.
Post # 6
Ooooh yes pickup dresses!
I personally am SO glad that cocktail dresses for bm’s has become the norm. Dear gawd if you see my closet (did think it out a bit and gave some away to charity) you would have thought I was in a contest to see if I had more ugly bridesmaids dresses (ball gowns and floor lengths I’d never wear again) than Katherine Heigl in that movie!
Post # 8
I agree with your list! I’m also seeing more and more videos pop up with couples doing crazy dances down the aisle or at the reception. The gal I’m going to for my dress alterations told me yesterday that she’s never seen so many brides doing colored shoes until this year too.
Post # 9
Cupcakes….I hope it doesn’t die though because thats what I want to do anyway. I agree with all the others too!
Post # 10
I second the hair flowers. Also, my beloved Melissa Sweet Lia. I love the dress so much but everyone and their sister has worn it.
Post # 12
-charitable donations as wedding favours
Post # 13
I agree with everything that’s been said so far, but I’ll add a few more:
– Reiterating hair flowers, and adding, going sans veil (what I’m doing)
– Shorter wedding dresses (I’m doing tea-length after seeing it in so many weddings and must having it!)
– Buffets other than candy: like whole dessert tables, popcorn/cookie bars.
– All different Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses (like Mrs. Powder Puff!)
I think the big “overall wedding” trend as far as style of wedding in 2009 was the “backyard country” wedding with those apothecary beverage servers, backyard games, more casual foods, pies, etc. I LOVE those weddings everytime I see them.
Post # 14
how about tiered/layered dresses? My wedding is june 2010 and this is what im wearing!
Post # 14
i agree with ALL of those, and have to add RUSTIC THEME. It seems like everywhere I look its rustic weddings. I love it though 🙂
Post # 15
Some of this is redundant, but:
– black and white color schemes and damask and fluer de lis themes
– dropping favors or doing charitable donations in lui of favors
– cake replacements (like cupcakes or a dessert buffet)
– parasols and baloons in photos
– non-floral centerpieces (not really a 2009 trend)
– ditching the matcy-matchy bridesmaid look