(Closed) What do you think were the biggest wedding trends of 2009?

posted 12 years ago in Traditions
Post # 30
111 posts
Blushing bee

Bellenga-

I’ve seen you post several times about “quirky” or I believe I’ve seen you use “wierd (weird),”  weddings. As a hive hostess I think you should be a bit more sensitive to those who have a bit more of an eclectic taste.  And even though it may be a bit from the norm it should never be called weird. Embrace peoples individuality! What a boring world it would be if we all wanted the SAME wedding!

Post # 31
5280 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2010

2010 trends

Peacocks, fun colors, one shoulder dresses with floral appliques, weddings that express the couples’ individuality (one of my faves). bird cage veils are here to stay. i think pocket folds have been around a while and will stay, candy buffets, dessert buffets, ipod as the deejay

DIY trends are the smartest thing EVER to me, not matter the budget there are always ways to cut costs and splurge on things that are important like christian louboutins (coughing that’s not only ME right?) the gorgeous wedding gown, or the couture veil. or the reason I’ll be DIY’g it, I want the best of the best and can’t afford it unless I make it myself!! Lol!! smaller more intimate celebration of the couple.

DIY, simplicity, a slimmer silhouette dress, colored shoes (eeeee love this), candy buffet, dessert buffets, ipod as the deejay, smaller more intimate celebrations of the couple.

Post # 32
15 posts
Newbee

1. Photobooths

2. Birdcage veils

3. Origami / Papercraft flowers

My top faves to have at my wedding too 🙂 

Post # 33
661 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2000

feathers, branches, birdcage veils, wedding websites, candy buffet, wrapped gowns… (not sure what it  is called but it reminds me of a mummy) but they are beautiful gowns are everywhere in modern bride and I just saw someone in one last week.

…not doing any of those

I’m on the brink of a photobooth and a magazine type program.

Any predictions for 2010??

Post # 34
1169 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I never knew anything about weddings until I got engaged … so I don’t have any “past trends” to base this on … but from what I’ve seen, blogging brides is a huge thing! There’s TONS of brides who are blogging!!! I never blogged before getting engaged … now I’m obsessed.

Hmm … I do agree that couples are putting new “twists” on old wedding traditions to suit themselves … umm the Groom being more involved? Mine is completely involved and some of the vendors have been like “Whoa. We’re impressed!” Lol. =)

I will be married October24th 2009 …

I’m having signature drinks and my sister is wearing a custom cool dress I had made for her … (shes my moh and only one standing with me)

I refuse to do a garter toss – not even wearing one … (do people still wear those?) and no bouquet toss

Post # 35
1407 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Hmm, I hope the things I’m planning for my June 2010 wedding won’t seem outdated! The “bandwagons” that I’m jump on are:

– Hair flower (I’ve wanted this my whole life! I’m going to wear it for the reception)

– DIY photobooth

– Colored shoes (though I think I might change my mind about this) 

– Touches of rustic style (we are having it in my parents’ backyard so it will have a southern charm feel, though our actual decor will be more classic)

– Trumpet style wedding gown (I love mine! And it really does look timeless, though I know everyone says that)

But we AREN’T have mismatched bridesmaids’ dresses, a candy buffet, a birdcage veil, or unique socks for the guys… so we aren’t toooo trendy!

Post # 36
1172 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

• Rustic Weddings
  • Candy/Dessert Buffets
  • Fascinators or Birdcage Veils
  • Non Matching Bridesmaids
  • DIY Photobooths
  • Colored Shoes with Dress

The topic ‘What do you think were the biggest wedding trends of 2009?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors