1. How tired, tired, just so TIRED you will be at first.
2. How you wont have 5 minutes to brush before you sit like a cow at a milking station for hours.
3. How you will have to wait for your Darling Husband to come home so you can eat without cramming food in 2 minutes or to take a nice long shower.
3. How you get used to the smell of poo and baby vomit. Like you’ll do that and get right back to eating food again. lol
4. How you find reserves of patience you never knew you had that you can rock baby to sleep whilst battling industrial strength migraines that induce nausea, sensitivity to light and shakiness that an earlier, pre-baby you would have taken to bed for but now you’ve gotta keep going so you do
5. How you will lose it, really ugly lose it, far more times than you’d care to admit or remember
6. How much time you’ll spend taking endless pictures because baby WONT stay still for one hot second
7. How much time you’ll spend admiring little feet and baby rolls of fat
8. How it feels like your heart has jumped out of your body and for the first time, you’re vulnerable for the rest of your life because where that soul goes, your heart goes.
9. How you eventually get used to it and proud of this little human being has actually thrived under your care and reached milestones according to doctors when earlier you couldnt even grow a seed in a pot
10. How you will love and respect your Darling Husband in a new way for giving you the best gift and then helping you through good and bad, the really really tough night feeds whilst he also goes into work looking like a train wreck but comes home to do it all over again and he’s the only person who loves your baby exactly the way you do.
Aww… its been 8 years since my last and I have to say, I’m SO glad i’m done, LOL. I’ll think of you when I tuck myself in tonight hahahah you’ll get there Bee, and tell others what you wish you’d known.