(Closed) What Documents Change after Marriage?

posted 8 years ago in Legal
Post # 3
1504 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

You need to update your drivers license with the DMV, and your W9 with your HR rep at work.


Post # 5
2063 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Yes – school… I had to send a copy of marriage license, etc… and work… I actually had to file my taxes under my maiden name because I had not yet changed my SS card

Post # 6
5976 posts
Bee Keeper

If you have any credit cards, you’ll want to switch them all over to your new name as well. 

Post # 7
13561 posts
Honey Beekeeper

Any insurance policy that’s in your name — health, dental, vision, renter’s, auto, etc.

Post # 9
18628 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

If you have a will, trust, etc make sure to change those.  As others have said, all bank accounts, credit card accounts, title to car and home, insurance (health, life, auto, dental, etc), drivers license, social security, passport, and change your name at your job.

Also, if you have any investment accounts these need to be changed to.

The topic ‘What Documents Change after Marriage?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors