(Closed) What Does Being “Engaged” Mean to You?

posted 10 years ago in Relationships
  • poll: What do you think an engagement is?
    The period of time in which to plan a wedding (if you can plan it in 6mo, why be engaged for 6yrs). : (97 votes)
    38 %
    A public announcement of your intent to marry -- whether it be 6 months down the road, or 6 years. : (146 votes)
    58 %
    Other (please explain). : (10 votes)
    4 %
  • Post # 62
    1497 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
    @MrsPhilly:  This exactly.

Post # 63
    1975 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

View original reply
    @Missy E:  Yes, if they werent engaged I would consider them more serious to dating. In my opinion dateing is the boyfriend/girlfriend stage, where you dont live together or spend most of your time together but are together. Dating (to me) is when you see him its on a date, not just going home. Then there is serious relationships – this to me is the point where you stop referring to him as your boyfriend but as your partner or significant other, where you spend most of your time with each other (obviously excluding situations like army) which is where I would put my Future Sister-In-Law. Then there is engaged, same as serious relationships but planning a wedding.

So I think to be engaged is more then him just saying “i want to marry you” and then telling everyone your engaged. Theres a ring which is like the equivilent of a beautiful shiny contract to marry, and the there is planning an actual wedding. Not everyone can have the wedding in 6 months from the proposal (as I said mine is a long engagement as well) but you dont need funds to plan basic details, like a date (or a season or month) or bridal party or colour schemes.

The topic ‘What Does Being “Engaged” Mean to You?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors