What does everyone have booked (09/2017)?

posted 1 year ago in September 2017
Post # 2
257 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

Every thing is booked all vendors are picked and I’ve arranged details with them all. The only things left are decor/flowers but they are picked out, hair, rings and honeymoon but I know where we are going and the budget for that. I’ve also worked out a payment schedule for each thing and have a timeline for when I will be paying each of them.

I was told to get everything arranged because September can be a busy month and a lot of people are beginning to get booked up. 

Post # 3
271 posts
Helper bee

katierattray :  You are really organized! I bow down before you, because that’s amazing.

FI and I just got engaged 3 weeks ago, and we’re starting venue tours this weekend. September is certainly a busy month, so I’m hoping we nail that down quickly.  I’ve had a heck of a time finding venues that are affordable, available, and attractive!

Post # 4
200 posts
Helper bee

We have the church booked, reception venue booked, photographers booked and my car to the church and to reception venue booked! I don’t think it can ever be too early, booking early avoids dissppointment if you have specific things in mind. I’m sure you could work with them to spread the deposits about slightly. Need to doo all the other bits and bobs now like the flowers and my dress etc now though! can’t seem to get into the swing of doing the other things now I have the big things sorted!

Post # 5
425 posts
Helper bee

Congrats on your engagement! We are also having our wedding in Sept. 2017 and booked a package that includes most vendors including the caterer, DJ, wedding cake, photobooth, florist, etc. So while we do have most of those booked through the package, we haven’t actually sat down with our vendors to go over details yet because they’ve said it’s too early to do that! We plan on meeting with our vendors in the 6-12 month gap before our wedding, and I think that’s when most people book theirs too! If you’re worried about specific vendors getting booked up, I would reach out to them now. 

One thing I would not delay in booking is a photographer! The good ones book fast. 

Post # 6
518 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

I suggest booking everything as early as you can – especially now that it’s still 2016. Vendors usually increase their prices every year. Since it’s still 2016 you can still get their 2016 pricing which will save you money.

If you are worried about the cost, they usually just ask for deposit and final payments will be required a few weeks before the wedding date.

Post # 8
3770 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2017 - Poppy Ridge Golf Course

Venue for ceremony/reception was officially booked on the 16th, DJ is booked, photographer will be booked on the 26th, all food is included, there are a couple different decor options offered by the venue but I’d like to incorporate a specific flower in the centerpieces so will look for a florist early next year. Found my dress a couple days ago. 😀 

I know who I’d like to use for our cake but is it too early to book her? Seems really early for the cake…but I’m kind of clueless about this stuff.

Post # 10
3770 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2017 - Poppy Ridge Golf Course

whoami :  All I wanted for now was my dress the venue and photographer, the rest of this stuff I don’t even want to worry about until early next year. Need a break from wedding planning! Started nearly obsessing over the details and almost went bonkers. lol

Post # 11
239 posts
Helper bee

We booked our photograph about a year and a half ahead of time and even though we’re on a Sunday that was the only day she had left so we were lucky because she books far in advance. We don’t have a venue contract yet but it’s where FI works so we’re just waiting for the contract to be drawn up to book it (although it will be free). The next thing I want to get sorted at least a year out is the caterer. Other than that we just have an officiant but I want to do that closer to the wedding. We’re doing a lot of DIY and getting family members to do things so there’s not a ton to book. 

I would probably check with the vendors and ask them how far in advance they would recommend booking and if there’s any that will do a discount for booking ahead of time book those first as well as any that are in high demand then wait for the rest. 

Post # 12
3704 posts
Sugar bee

So far just venue lol. Met with an amazing photographer yesterday, so will likely book her soon. Waiting for one more catering quote and then we’ll decide who were going with and book that. Then prob chill for a while lol.

Post # 13
70 posts
Worker bee

I got engaged March 31st so I have had more time to book things. I’ve been trying to slow down and not book everything all at once because if it weren’t for all the deposits needed, I’d have booked everything already! haha We have our venue, caterer, photographer, planner and videographer. Next up is officiant and florist. We’ll probably look at getting our DJ in October. 

Post # 14
271 posts
Helper bee

Since last week, I’m happy to say we’ve found a venue! That takes care of the ceremony and reception locations, catering, the cake, and hotel accommodations in one shot. SO relieved.

Post # 15
116 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2017 - The Meadows

For us, I have venue, florist(need to put down payment), photograher and I’m finishing up with the DJ this week. I just bought my dress, and this weekend we’re going to approach a cousin to video our ceremony, and ask a second cousin to be our officiant! Our venue is covering food, drink, and cake. I’ve been working on diy decor a while. I think the only stuff not set in stone is transportation, bridal party outfits, hair/makeup, and rehearsal stuff.

We’ve been engaged since Halloween, and I didn’t really start planning until January. Then took until mid-March for our venue, and the rest has just flown by!

I have been wondering how my checklist has matched up with others around the same time. So exciting!

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors