What does your under $1,000 diamond e-ring look like?

posted 4 years ago in Rings
Post # 16
1323 posts
Bumble bee

Ama14:  yeah, I believe my ring was an extra stock piece from a jeweler that discontinued the brand because it hadn’t been worn, so I don’t feel so bad. Plus, buying pre-owned is better for the environment anyway! πŸ™‚ here’s my beauty…we set it with an Amora Gem that also cost $1400, so total cost came just under $3k. 

Post # 17
253 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

From amazon for $729 including the band from pompeii3 or something like that πŸ™‚

Post # 18
536 posts
Busy bee

ericajoy:  Love your ring!! What are the side stones? It’s hard to tell in the photo.

Post # 19
3534 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 29th, 2016

It’s so cool to see everyone’s pawn shop finds! I’m not looking for a ring but you all make me want to check out a pawn shop just to see what they have! 

I do have a question regarding the deals though- why are the diamonds marked down so much at a pawn shop if they’re worth so much more? I guess I’m confused as to why the shops wouldn’t try to get as much money as they can from customers to maximize their ROI. Do they pay people dirt for their jewelry? 

Post # 22
2878 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

ladyvictoria: Diamonds are like cars. Depreciation. 

Also, pawn shops don’t have the same marketing and operational costs as a traditional b&m jeweler. But those who shop there are looking for deals, so they have to price accordingly  

And yes, they pay people dirt for their jewelry. 

Post # 23
4238 posts
Honey bee

Ama14:  

Don’t feel bad about “capitalizing” on another’s misfortunes by shopping pawned jewelry. Those rings often come from a break up (which isn’t always bad news) or from people like me and luckyladylaterinlife35: who have a boatload of rings that we eventually unload on some shop owner to trade for a new sparkly.

πŸ™‚ 

Post # 24
1198 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2017 - Hagakyrkan

chrissybee:  mine was about $700 πŸ™‚ its 14k gold and an old cut oval diamond from the 1930s

0.29ct diamond, H VS1

Post # 25
4238 posts
Honey bee

chrissybee:  

My e-ring (double row of graduated diamonds, 1cttw, 14Kyg) came from the clearance section, $500. We later worked with the same jeweler to “upgrade” it to a single row of rubies and diamonds, 1cttw, $1000. I found a CZ/14Kyg replica of the original which is why I have both pictured here. (The replica was $150.)

SANY0058

eta: Both of my e-rings were purchased during big sale events, too, since we were willing to be patient and picky and could double up on the discounts. The replica ring was full price and I was willing to pay that, lol.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by  NFLwidow.
Post # 26
3534 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 29th, 2016

bitsybee:  I guess I never thought about the value of a diamond decreasing unless it was physically damaged. Good to know! 

Post # 27
941 posts
Busy bee

They sell jewelry for cheap because the diamond basically mean nothing. If they can’t sell the rings they melt it down for the gold. Thats what I’ve been told by a couple different stores. I seen a 15k ring (retail) that they were selling for like 3 grand because they just wanted it gone. 

Post # 28
941 posts
Busy bee

NFLwidow:  I shop pawned jewelry all the time. I haven’t purchased in a while but all my earrings have come from there and although I haven’t purchased any rings I look and lust every single tune

Post # 29
253 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

sparkles1986:  aww shucks. Thank you!!😊😊

Post # 30
28 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2016

vintagelover32:  thank you! They are rubies, FI’s birthstone πŸ™‚ They look dark in that photo. I’ll have to see if I can get a picture in better light. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors