(Closed) What fit is my dress?

posted 9 years ago in Dress
Post # 4
8374 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

I would refer to your dress as a fit and flare style.

Post # 5
134 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I would say trumpet or fit and flare also (i’m not really sure what the difference between the two is…)

Post # 6
3765 posts
Honey bee
Post # 8
691 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I have trouble telling between trumpet and fit and flare myself, but I would say it is a fit and flare…

I would definitely say it is not a mermaid, though!

Post # 9
3154 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I’d say trumpet/fit and flare- I usually use the term fit&flare for more flare, and trumpet is fitted half way down thigh then more gently flares out. I tried googling- got many different answers!

Post # 10
117 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I don’t think it’s mermaid, I’d put it in fit and flare or modified a-line.

Post # 11
2315 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I call that trumpet, or even a (very) modified a-line.

Post # 12
2444 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Lodge

Fit and flare

Post # 13
447 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

Hello! I posted my dress on here asking people about the shape of my dress too and I always felt people on here were annoyed of like “who cares the shape of the dress” but whatever. You have a beautiful dress, I would say it is a trumpet and to me trumpet and fit and flare are interchangeable terms! 🙂

Post # 14
3765 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I think a fit-n-flare or modified A-line flares out just below the hips, a trumpet flares mid-thigh, and a mermaid flares at or below the knee.

The topic ‘What fit is my dress?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors