Post # 1
…gag? (inspired by the picky eaters thread)
What ingredients ruin a dish for you?
1. ONIONS (and their relatives, scallions, shallots, chives, and leeks). If they are raw they make me gag. If they are cooked, I can eat the dish, just not the actual bits of onion.If I eat raw onions, I get indigestion and can taste onions for up to 48 hours! However, I can eat onion powder with no problem.
2. Cilantro. It is just, completely gross, and absolutely overpowers and ruins any dish it is in for me.
3. Buffalo sauce. I don’t know what it is about the sauce, but anything it touches is ruined for me. I can’t eat buffalo chicken, even though I like spicy food, and even though I like other hot sauces. Fiance LOVES buffalo sauce, and sometimes the smell of it makes me gag a little!
Post # 3
Bell Peppers…. can’t stand em and they totally overpower the dish.
Post # 4
@MsBlackberry: Seafood!!! The smell, the texture, the very thought…. GAG.
But I do love me some buffalo sauce! 😉 I would eat it on anything! My Fiance always jokes that if it’s on the menu, that’s what I’m getting.
Post # 5
Lettuce. I think salads look delicious, but it’s the texture for me.
Post # 6
Seafood. It makes me want to vomit. My fiance loves to catch fish and filet them up for dinner and i am walking around vomiting (not literally) but feeling sick from the smell. I dont know what it is about that fishy smell that just makes my stomach churn!
Post # 7
Nothing really makes me gag because I don’t like the taste but there are certian textures that make me gag.
Post # 8
I’ll do my FI’s (who happens to LOVE the onions, cilantro, and buffalo sauce that make me sick!):
1. MAYO. He will not eat anything that has a hint of mayo. No mayo based dishes.
2. TUNA. He can’t stand the smell. Combine with number 1 and you have his most gag-worthy food: tuna salad (which I love!)
3. Black beans, baked beans, and refried beans. I don’t know why he hates beans, he doesn’t really have a reason, but I am guessing texture.
4. Pasta. Unless less it is covered in cheese, he doesn’t like pasta. Again, a texture thing.
Post # 9
@MsBlackberry: Most kinds of cheese… especially stinky cheese and goat’s cheese now (I got very sick very fast last time I ate goat’s cheese and even the thought of it makes me gag. Sucks for me that it’s so trendy these days). I just can’t. This is probably because I am lactose intolerant to some degree.
Post # 10
Any time there is a disgusting cucumber in a dish, that’s all I can taste… I stay far away from cucumbers!
Post # 12
Seafood (Texture and SMELL)
Cucumbers (doesnt make me gag..I just dont like them)
Mushrooms (YUCK YUCK YUCK)
*I could probably go on and on! LOL*
Post # 13
^Agree Soy Sauce is on my list too
OH AND I DO NOT LIKE CHINESE FOOD IN GENERAL (tried it like 10 times and still cant make myself eat it)!
Post # 14
Black Olives.. IDK but the thought is turning my stomach.
Post # 15
@ChelleNBlake: I agree with you on the texture of coconuts! Yuck!
Post # 16
Mushrooms. Avacado. Raw onions.