Post # 17
Congrats Ladies! We are tenatively setting a 6-27-15 date. I am back in school for my teaching certification and working FT so we are trying to get the major things done before I have to student teach. In August I found the dress!! Was just browsing, but glad I did because it takes 9 months to come in! (and now I cant wait lol)
We are looking to get married on the CT shoreline, and boy it sure isn’t easy to find a venue for 150-175 guests. We don’t want to spend a fortune either, but we’ve narrowed it down to Rocky Neck State Park, Madison Beach Hotel or Madison Beach Club. All GORGEOUS venues and seem nice to work with so far. We are getting married in a church in Clinton.
Since venues are narrowed down and I found the dress. I am currently starting to ask all of my bridesmaids to be a part of our big day. They are forever friends so I think even though its early, we will all look forward to having a blast! The only other thing I want to work on is finding a PHOTOGRAPHER. Any suggestions for the CT area, with preferrably 2 photogs and under $2500? (asking alot I know)
Good luck to you all 🙂
Post # 18
omg yes! everyone is saying the 2 years is so far away bit. SO OVER IT. But we are super happy we’re waiting, and can enjoy it. Enjoy every minute, after all, its your day!
Post # 19
We have a venue but can’t pay til next year. Or there is a farm that I want to check out but kinda expensive but gonna check it out in April or so when the snow melts.
Post # 20
So far we have a venue! But that is all 🙂 It’s driving me nuts… I keep finding other things I want to start but then realizing I have to wait to do it. Like invitations! We would totally get started on DIYing those, except we need to know the menu for the RSVP cards, and we can’t figure that out until sooner. And we can’t do Save The Dates because we want to include engagement pictures, and haven’t booked our photographer yet. At least we have a venue and a date set!
Post # 20
So far we have:
Colors, Dress (though it needs alterations and beading), Venue, most of the stuff for the center pieces, photographer, my wedding band…
So much more to do, almost a year out, crazy! (We just got engaged April 1st)
Post # 21
All we did was pick the colors and book the venue. Oh and I made the “will you be mybridesmaid” bags. I went looking for a dress this past weekend but no luck yet. So much to do!!
Post # 22
– I am currently getting Save the Date info ready so that I can order them and have the envelopes done in calligraphy
– I have a few appointments to look at my wedding dress/BM dresses/MOB/MOG dresses
– I am in the process of booking hair and makeup over the next few days
– Invitations don’t need to be ordered until much later: the same people making them are also doing the calligraphy on the envelopes so I don’t want to order until closer to the date to make sure our list is the same as it is now!
– Venue is booked (includes, cake, open bar, cocktail hour, dinner, dessert room, linens, chivari chairs, tablecloths)
– Church, officiant, and wedding musicians are booked
– Band is booked
– Photographer is booked. (We might not do a videographer so I don’t need to look into that yet)
– Florist is booked
– Valet is booked
– Guest transportation is booked
– Classic car is booked
– Limo for the wedding party is booked
– Lighting is booked
– Hotel is blocked
– Bridal party has been chosen/has accepted!
Post # 23
crackktheskyy: seems like you’re almost ready!! wow!