Post # 32
We have some strong, amazig women on the bee! Thank you to everyone that shared so far. It is so awesome to see people that have been through so much and are still standing and blessed!
I’ll share my testimony in the hopes that it will help someone else!
- father was the biggest drung dealer in Indiana in the 90’s and went to prison through most of my child hood and died 2 years ago from heart disease.
- my mother worked 3 jobs and went to school whenwe were little so she was never there… we were molested by a childhood babysisters son.
- having my son at 19 and leaving his father
- a string of emotionally abusive relationships
- acted out sexually to deal with the paid of losing my father and got pregnant twice and had 2 abortions
- have 5 pulmonary emobilisms at the age of 23. being hopsiptalized and having to be on blood thinners for the rest of my life.
- struggling with my credit score…bad choices when i was younger.
- dh losing his job and finding another!!
aww pumpking i had no idea!!!! God girl are so strong!!
Post # 34
- Wedding: January 2011 - Midland, TX
Prolly not as bad as some but still not a pretty picture…
Severe bullying in grade school and Jr High – had to change schools because it was so bad and my aunt and uncle had to lie and say I was living with them so I could attend a different school (district problem).
Had a stalker ex boyfriend in highschool that made my life a living hell for about a year.
Almost was raped (different guy), thank God he was drunk and I was able to push him away/out the door. Had to call the cops to come get him because he was “desturbing the peace” for yelling at my apartment door at 2am.
Was married to my first love of 5 years at 24yrs old and by 26 I found out he was sleeping with a 40yr old co-worker who is a known slut….within a week he filed for divorce and kicked me out so then I was homeless, did not have a job (I was in school), or a car (it was in his name).Thankfully we did not have any kids… Starting completely over was hell.
Now I am married to a wonderful man, a college graduate, and happier than I have ever been!
Post # 35
I feel so happy to say that I’ve overcome a 17 year long battle with anorexia/bulimia. I’ve also won my battle with alcoholism, major depression, and self-mutilation (my arms and legs are a mess of self-imposed scars). Well, I say I’ve overcome these things, but I know every single day I must put effort into my continued sobriety and recovery…an ED isn’t something that just goes away, just as depression is something that has to be managed. But I’m so happy I am in a place now where things are stable enough that I can give each day a fighting chance. My life right now is a far cry from what it was just 3.5 years ago…when I was actually hospitalized.
My problems stem from PTSD that I still don’t like talking about publicly. They are all just symptoms of a hurt much deeper. But I thank God for every new day I’ve been given now, and for the family & friends that stood by me and didn’t let me give up on myself.
I love being able to laugh now, to genuinely smile, to love myself and let myself be loved by another. Finding peace & joy have been the greatest gifts I was ever given. 🙂