Post # 1
- Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast
We’re another month closer. Are you getting excited? Nervous? Frantic? All of the above? LOL
This month I will:
1. Have my make-up trial
2. Order Mr. LK’s wedding band
3. Start our gift registries
4. Help my Maid/Matron of Honor find her dress
5. Finalize the rehersal lunch arrangements
6. Have our engagement photos taken
7. Harass the bridal store until they tell me why my veil is 2 months late (and counting)
8. Let Mr. LK make the final decision on the dessert course because I am indecisive
9. Not let wedding stuff interfere with the rest of life
What will you do this month???????
Post # 3
Florist: We met with one possible florist but I’m not thrilled with her communication (been waiting for 2+ weeks for a reply). We’re going on another consultation in 2 weeks.
Groom/Groomsmen apparel: We met and contracted with a tux company but after realizing that we’d rather the guys wear suits instead we’re now back to square one. We’re planning on going to Mens Warehouse one night this week.
Hair/MU trail: I have to find a salon first but I would really like to get this out of the way this month so that I can start looking for my hair accessories.
Maid/Matron of Honor dress: My 2 bridesmaids already decided on their dresses so now we just need to figure out my MOH’s. This shouldn’t be too tough. She can make anything look good.
Post # 4
I just have 2 items, make/order invitations and schedule an appointment with the vagina doctor.
Post # 5
May To Do’s…
1. Shop for Groom’s Attire
2. Secure rehearsal dinner (FI parents are doing this)
3. Have our menu tasting
4. Secure ceremony & cocktail musician(s)
5. Book the honeymoon
Post # 6
Same stuff that was on January, February, March, April and now add May stuff to the mix.
Ladies, I’m behind and I’m stressin’!
Post # 7
- Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast
Cait- Timeliness of responses was THE deciding factor in choosing our florist. It sucks when vendors take forever to respond.
Twist- Why the delays? Can you delegate things to others so things can move faster?
Post # 8
@lovekiss: hahaha… I’ve whined about it so much people are gonna start to hate on me!!!
Delays are because I’m procrastinating because I foresee a large wedding day fail and I don’t want to face it.
Unfortunately, my girls are not around to help, my Fiance isn’t the greatest helper (we both agree), and I’m just kinda running out of steam.
ETA: I think I need a wedding break.
Post # 9
@.twist.: I think everyone needs a wedding break at some point. Mine was a few weeks ago. With the exception of spending hours on WB, I wasn’t really doing anything wedding related and it was refreshing.
Which stuff do you have done so far, date twin? I’m sure you’re not that far behind. I have friends who planned their whole weddings in 6 months.
@lovekiss: Yea, this place has definitely kept me waiting. I contacted another florist yesterday and I’ve already exchanged 3-4 emails with her. Still waiting after 2 weeks for the first place.
Post # 10
Here is mine:
1. Finalize guest list
2. Gather all necessary addresses
3. Find an inexpensive calligrapher
4. Have make-up and hair trial
5. Make menu choices for the reception
6. Send deposit to rehearsal dinner venue
Post # 11
Cake testing (yum!)
Send deposit #2 to reception site
Select tuxes for the men
Search for the perfect veil/or headpiece and bracelet (this part has been tough!)
Post # 12
my may to do list:
book honeymoon cruise (WOOHOO!! i’m so excited for this, Fiance and i haven’t been on a real vacation together)
make a honeymoon registry- so people can make our trip extra extra fab if they want=)
do our save the dates (how late is too late to send these out??)
look for accessories- veil, jewelry, clips for my shoes
finish entering his parents list into the guest list, enter the addresses of my parent’s list
finish invite design & have them printed
start diet/exercise overhaul
Post # 13
I think this might be the most October 7th brides I’ve seen in one post!
My list is:
- Decide on Invites-Discuss options with Etsy lady.
- Meet with florsist to attempt to get lower quote
- Take FOCCUS test
- Figure out presents for bridesmaids
I’m very proud of myself that at this point I don’t have a lot to do. Maybe I should go into wedding planning….
Post # 14
1. Finalize Groomsmen Attire
2. Pick Bridesmaid Attire
3. Book Post-Ceremony Restaurant
4. Test Run for Cake
Post # 15
1. Book our reception hall! We are definitely planning to do that this week cuz we’re behind and this is frustrating me.
2. Book our trip to Las Vegas for the weddingmoon! Another HUGE thing that needs to be done soon.
3. Finalize our wedding shower guest list.
4. Make an appointment for dress alterations.
5. Go suit shopping with my Fiance.
6. Book a DJ.
Post # 16
@CaitMarae: So far I have venue, caterer, photographer, dress, shoes, marriage commissioner.
I need Groom & Company suits/outfits (their outfits are up to them, I would just like to confirm them), Bridesmaid dresses (again, up to them they just need to confirm and get them), centerpieces, invitations (need to figure out wording for a ridiculous typography format), vows, readers (if we’re having them), music figured out (iPod), wedding bands, hotel for oot, cake, hair and make-up, any dress accessories, favours…. am I missing anything important?
I’m having issues with, invites, booze, guest list, day-of timeline. These 4 things are MAJORLY stressing me out.