(Closed) WHAT is Reasonable Pricing for On Location Makeup & Hair???

posted 7 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
245 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Here is what I am getting:

-on location air-brush makeup with or without (haven’t decided) eyelash application: $85.00 (trial is free)

-on location hair: $95.00 (trial will be $75.00) 

Post # 4
144 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I just got off the phone with my salon….make-up is $45 and hair starts @ $55 plus a travelling fee of $20 (but that goes up the less people we have..)

Post # 5
5494 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2011

I think it depends on the skill level of the stylist.  My stylist was really expensive but simply amazing and I was fine paying for him.  But I’ve had my makeup and hair done before for other weddings where even $65 was way more than what they were worth.

I paid $450 for on location hair with my own clip in extensions, airbrush makeup with false eye lashes.  And he was worth every penny.

Also, I’ve never heard of loaner extensions. I would not want to wear hair worn by other people.  That sounds really gross.

Post # 6
555 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I paid $75 for my makeup which was done by an independent makeup artist at the place that did my hair.  I paid $160 for my hair at the salon.  That included the trial but not a tip.  One thing it didn’t include was washing and drying my hair.  They charged me an extra $20 for that.  I guess it’s not standard to include that which, never having done this before, I didn’t realize!  Overall it was worth it but after seeing what other people paid I was a little upset with how much my hair cost. 

Post # 8
1280 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

I am paying $100 for onsite hair and make up at the Salon for the day of my wedding….

Post # 10
1636 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I own my own make up and hair business for brides.

I normally charge $200 for the bride for hair and make up and $150 a bridesmaid. But I also offer packages for larger bridal parties. I think it mostly depends on your location in the country and whether its onsite or not as well.

Post # 11
521 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012 - Salvage One, Chicago

I am paying $450 total for on location hair (with my own extensions) and makeup.  My stylists are the highest level at the salon.  Bridesmaids are $85 for each service.

Post # 12
7312 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

On location hair and make-up were $200 each (or $400 total) for me, which included unlimited trials. The hair trial we nailed the first time out, but I had 4 make-up trials to find a primer-foundation-setting powder/spray combination that worked for my sensitive skin. And I would pay that $$ all over again to look and feel that stunning. I also paid $85 per service (or $170 per person) for my ladies (airbrush make-up and whatever hair style they wanted). I’d do it again in a heartbeat because they all radiated such beauty and confidence. I loved seeing them looking so happy with their look. Oh, and there was a flat $60 travel fee.

Post # 14
418 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’m paying $210 for my hair and make-up including the trial. My bridal party would be $85 for hair and $60 for makeup and I’d need to pay $50 per stylist that would be needed, which they said would be 3 for the amount of people I have and I’m in Savannah, GA.

The topic ‘WHAT is Reasonable Pricing for On Location Makeup & Hair???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors