Post # 1
We are basically 5 months away from the big day!!! What is on your to do list?
For me I have to finalize:
- banquet menu
- our cake style
- ceremony music with our string quartet
- photography logistics
- Reception Music
- Groom and groomsmen getting measured for the suits
- Bridesmaids ordering their dresses
- Address my invitations
- rehearsal dinner menu
- and get my dress altered! *already have my accessories, shoes, etc
- purchase my rehearsal dinner dress!
Can’t think of anything else.
Post # 3
Yay for June! I got engaged December 10th and planning is going great! I have hired a planner, booked the venue, had a food tasting, chose my dress and bm dresses, hired an officiant, and spoke to a flower lady.
I have picked my invitations and they will be ordered in a month or so. I am getting my save thestates back in a week.
I need to work on a cake, men’s suits and book a DJ.
My plan is to have mostly everything out of the way before the end of the month so I can do all of the ‘fun’ stuff and actually get back to normal life.
PIE love planning it, but it is so expensive with deposits and every little thing. My meager budget has doubled and is continually growing…and we still need to pay for our honeymoon!
Everything will be ok! One thing at a time!
Post # 4
I felt like I was so ahead of the game until I sat down last night and started making lists.
Left to do:
-5 bridesmaids need to order dresses, need to order my daughter’s flower girl dress
-guys need to be fitted for tuxes
-2 more places to register
-decide on hotel and how we are getting to the venue
-nail down final plan for invites and programs
-decide hors d’oeuvres for cocktail hour
-find hairstylist for the bridal party (so hard to do in a different city!)
-take engagement photos
-bridal party gifts
-timeline (know wedding is at 4:30)
-tons of DIY projects
-find my shoes and accessories
I’m sure there is more but my head hurts now!! Ugh so much left to do!!
Post # 5
- Wedding: June 2013 - Upstate NY
I LOVE these lists of to-do lists! I need to:
- finalize my dress. I know. Bad. I chose a champagne one, and I am kinda regretting it, so the bridal shop said she would switch out a white one for me! But I’m not 100% sure I want to switch. Ugh.
- dress fittings. I want to lose 5 more lbs anyway though.
- get DIY invites printed (will only take 2 weeks)
- finalize song choices for ceremony, recessional, mother/ son
- find my wedding band (how long could that take???)
- get a cake topper
Post # 6
i need to
-work on day of schedule
-work on list of songs for DJ for both the ceremony and reception
-Oh yeah, and put together the ceremony. you know, the reason why were having this whole thing! haha
Post # 7
Oh goodness, let’s say what do I have left:
- – find and book an officiant
- – decide between two photographers and book one
- – order the two bridesmaids dresses (my Maid/Matron of Honor has hers already)
- – find out when to go for alterations
- – get addresses for everyone
- – print invitations/RSVP cards/hotel info/directions
- – book DJ
- – decide about flowers
- – do cake tastings/pick a cake
- – decide on centrepieces and aquire what we need to make them
- – plan the ceremony
- – figure out makeup (I kind of want to DIY…)
- – get matching ties for groomsmen/best man/groom
- – have Fiance pick his last groomsman
- – figure out pre-ceremony music and how ceremony music will be played
- – meet with venue to finalize/work out details
- – buy bridesmaids/MOH presents
- – hope that my shoes for after the ceremony ship sometime soon *sigh*
- – register
- – finalize menu/have a tasting
- – buy our rings and get them engraved
- – get our marriage license
- – make a song list for the DJ
And I think, that’s about 90% of what is left to do. I feel so behind lol. The app I bought to keep track of these tasks says I’m about 25% done.
Post # 10
I am doing okay on planning but there is still some work to get done:
- Send contract to second hotel
- Come up with a list of shots for the photographer
- Get the guys all fitted for tuxes
- Continue discussing details of ceremony with officiant
- Decide whether I want a second DJ setup for the reception or if I can find a musician
- Figure out what the hell I’m doing for centerpieces
- Rent linens, tables, chairs, and silverware
- Finalize the menu with the caterer
- Figure out aisle decor, if any
- Find some place to take my dress for alterations (salon doesn’t do in house)
- Price out flowers for DIY at local places versus online wholesale
- Get liquor liability and insurance for the venue
- Finish putting together save the dates, and mail them
- Figure out who is doing my hair and if any of my bridal party want professional hair and makeup
- Do a walkthrough of the venue
- Figure out if I want to do some DIY lighting
- ETA: Get a marriage license! I almost forgot about that
Post # 11
Mostly only last minute stuff is left that I need my RSVP numbers for.
- We’re having an outside reception so I haven’t ordered the chairs and tables ect for those yet.
- Book Honeymoon
- Finish Programs
- Order wedding rings
- Finish center peices
- Music for reception
- Buy liquor for wedding!
Post # 12
Well I’ve gotten a lot accomplished but still have things to do!
- Book honeymoon.
- Figure out centerpieces.
- Finalize guest list and send invitations.
- Order cake.
- Buy wedding bands.
- Music lists.
- Find portapotties!
- Get tuxes ordered.
- Find pet sitter for Honeymoon.
- Finalize programs and print.
I am sure there is more, but that is all I can think of right now. *sigh*
Post # 13
Wow. I must be way ahead of schedule! I need to buy the bridesmaids necklaces & get cracking on having mine custom made. I also need to get my band custom made & find one Fiance likes for him. We are going to send out invites at the end of Feb/first of March bc its a Destination Wedding. We cant make welcome bags until we know how many are coming. I also am waiting on th baker to finalize our cookies spread (instead of cake). We also need to book our flights for our honeymoon in Europe for October!!
Post # 14
@KingsDaughter: I tried commenting on my phone but it didn’t work. So here is my list:
dress fittings (currently getting dress made)
pick bm dresses and order
pick grooms tux
choose groomsmen tuxs (match to bm dresses)
pick wedding shoes and accessories (veil will be made with dress)
make day-of time line
print invites and send
pick dj (last big ticket item)
get papers ready
do all those DIY things (centerpeices…decor…ect)
I am sure I missed heaps
Post # 15
- Wedding: June 2013 - Upstate NY
We can do it!! What I did is every month I did a DIY project, and listed like 5 big things to do. It has helped a ton! Breaking tasks into chucks with weekly/ monthly deadlines.
Post # 16
what app do you have. I feel like im behind on planning and that would be great if there was an app to tell me ( REMINDING me lol) what i should be doing