(Closed) What is the ideal number of people to go wedding dress shopping with?

posted 11 years ago in Dress
  • poll: What is the ideal number of people to go wedding dress shopping with?
    Zero--I'd rather go alone! : (19 votes)
    11 %
    Just one other person for feedback : (51 votes)
    31 %
    Two or three people, for a range of opinions : (91 votes)
    54 %
    The more the merrier! : (6 votes)
    4 %
  • Post # 47
    61 posts
    Worker bee

@surkim:

Same boat!  I only have a few close friends out here.  I moved to CA from outside of BOS right after highschool so all the friends I have known all my life I have kinda lost touch with, and friends out here I havnt really known all that long!

Post # 48
    2268 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

I had three, best friend, sister, mom. First time was only my mom though but I wasn’t sure.

Post # 49
    1206 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

depends on if you’re serious shopping or just stopping by davids bridal to try dresses on for the first time for fun!

Post # 50
    3165 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

the first time that I went I took my BMs, little sister, and mom. That was really fun. The other times I took very few people. That was great too, but having less people when it was time to make the decision helped me a lot.

Post # 51
    128 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

I went alone for my first visit and I think it was a blessing in disguise. I didn’t have to hear all the noise of other people’s opinion and it was just myself and the consultant. I was really able to just think for myself without thinking I have to please my mom or this person. I will go back with my mom, my 2 sisters and a friend the next time and show them a couple of dresses I selected.

Post # 52
    5166 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

I went with just my mom and that was perfect.  I dont think you need multiple opinions because they will just confuse you. you should just follow your heart.

Post # 53
    567 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

I went a few times, and the first 2 times I had 4 people. Way too many opinions, honestly, but I had to have both my sisters, my mom, and my gma there. When I had dress troubles I knew I needed less opinions, so I told my mom I wanted her to be the only one there. She knew exactly what I wanted and listened to me, not what the consultants were saying. My sister came along at the last minute. I would say 2 is the ideal number, any more is too many opinions in one place.

Post # 54
    4211 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

I took my mom and my Maid/Matron of Honor. My Mother-In-Law and my 2 SILs (BMs) live 10 hours away so it would have been a lot for them to come up just for that. I liked having  fewer people.

Post # 55
    Hostess
    7941 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

When I started I had quite the group of ladies go with. I also arranged a ladies day with all the women in my family so that we could experience the dress shopping together. However, all this was just to get an idea of what they thought.

When it came time to make my final decision I went alone, bought my dress and then told those that were interested which one I decided to get.

In the end I had to make the decision without any influence, otherwise I thought I might end up with a dress someone else liked.

Post # 56
    183 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

The first shop I went to I brought my mom, Future Mother-In-Law, Future Sister-In-Law and my kids.  It seems like a lot of people (there were 9 of us all together) but only us adults were the opinions that mattered.

The second shop I went with just my mom.  I ended up buying my dress from that shop and it was between 3 dresses so I went back again with my Maid/Matron of Honor to have her help me pick out the dress I bought.

I think initially to get an idea of the style of dress you should bring 2-3 people with.  But once you find a style you like that just maybe your mom or Maid/Matron of Honor or both.

The topic ‘What is the ideal number of people to go wedding dress shopping with?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors