Post # 77
@alishaloo: No. I don’t know how you planed to do yours but I was just going to tie a ribbon to a flower and hold all the ribbons and then tie one ribbon the the bouquet, hold it over behind my head and then drop all of them and then one person was going to get the bouquet that way. That way everyone got something but it wasn’t the traditional toss. But I didn’t have the money to do that, so we are just doing the normal toss, and I don’t have time to deal with just getting ribbon and still just holding ribbon and just having one attached to the bouquet.
Post # 78
we are having a toronto maple leafs themed wedding!
we’re having a cakestand made from hockey sticks
guests are signing a jersey instead of a guestbook
the escort cards look like tickets to a hockey game
to get us to kiss guests have to shoot a ball into a net
our card box will be shaped like a stanley cup
Post # 79
@tnt1128: lol i started a thread about what i want to do with this. I am going to just hold all the flowers together and then throw them over my shoulder so they come apart and shower all the girls- no one will know it will be a suprise. ha I was worried it might be stupid but bee’s told me too so hopefully it goes well- could you just do that?
Post # 80
@BelleriverBride: I love that! So funny and super cute.
Post # 81
I like to think we had lots of unique things at our mariage but the most unique thing would be our favors I thik because both our first name starts wiht an M (Melanie and Mathieu) we ordered custom made M&M wih the colors ofour mariage wich were different shades of purple with our names “Mel & Mat” the date “July 21/2012” and a picture of us kissing
Post # 82
All of these ideas are so awesome. I am inspired to sit with the fiance and come up with some original ideas for our reception as well
Post # 83
My whole wedding was unique !
Ok So first read this !
Our Videographer was a student!
He had never done a wedding that wasn’t a mormon temple wedding so he didn’t really know how to edit the ceremony. He also had someone else film it so he didn’t really know what happend at the cermeony….
He is giving me all the footage so I can edit my own video –
however… here is what I have so far and what he made I don’t love alot of how the processional or some of the ceremony was put but I do love the rest of it and its what i have for now. He changed the music so my entrance is not how it happend at all… not that it shows much of it.
Also for anyone who didn’t think the mambo no 5 was going to go well even though you can’t see it so great i personally loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is the link!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHVV_oAHDzQ&feature=plcp
Post # 84
@tnt1128: did you toss it !!!? I did! Did yours work ?
Post # 85
We are doing a God’s Knot instead of lighting a Trinity Candle
Post # 86
I’m definitely marking this thread for later…
Post # 87
– We’re doing a handfasting ceremony. I’m of Irish roots and I’ve always loved the idea of a handfasting. Our awesome officiants have done them before, so we’re having Celtic readings and a handfasting.
– Nontraditional ceremony music. We’re all walking down the aisle to “Let Me Down Easy” by Dierks Bentley.
– S’mores bar at the reception. Our venue actually offers several “bar” options for this, but I HAD to have s’mores, haha.
– Sweetheart table! Never seen one of these done before.
Ummmm…I’m sure I’ll think of other stuff.
Post # 88
OMG. So many great ideas!
Post # 89
Some of what we’re doing isn’t original, but here’s a list of what we’re for sure doing.
– “White knot” pins for our gusts. [Symbolism for equality for everyone to get married without judgement].
– We MAY do a sand ceremony instead of the unity candles, not sure on that though.
– Pink curtain lighting around venue, pink net lighting over dance floor.
– Candy/cookie/brownie buffet.
– Lounge area
– Bar/pub area
– We got 2″ mini square containers for jello shots, will be serving with alcoholic whipped cream & tiny spoons.
– Photo booth w/ props
– Mini cupcake stands at every placing with a cupcake in each.
– Skeleton wine glasses for the toasts [bridal party will have personalized ones to take home]
– “Toe tags” for drinks that include their name, when/how they died [Halloween wedding], and a box to turn them into at the end of the night for our photo album.
– 7 foot lighted cherry blossom wish tree.
And! If that isn’t enough, we’re renting out a 3 story bed & breakfast that’s on a lake, along with 3 cottages nearby. It’s going to be a 3 day long event!
Here’s the b&b :
I think it should be pretty memorable.
Post # 90
My family is from Hawaii and my Fiance loves it there, we go almost every year. So of course we are having a Hawaiian themed wedding. I think the most unique thing we will do is have a couple of polynesian dancers perform for our guests during cocktail hour to get them into the aloha mood. As for our guest book we are purchasing a print of a vintage map of the islands that our guests will sign and we will frame it and put it in our home.
Post # 91
I’m not engaged or planning but I am commenting on this so I can find it later cause there are some GREAT ideas here!