(Closed) What is this part of a dress called?

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 4
3968 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@AussieSummer:  The closest thing I could think of would be like a large cumberbund? Usually that’s in men’s attire, but I guess it’s the same idea here.

Post # 5
786 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

The picture is kind of hard to see but it sort of looks like maybe its a ruched bodice or pleated bodice?

Post # 6
515 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I googled searched “cummerbund wedding dress” and these pictures came up


Strapless Draped Amazing Cummerbund Chapel Train Wedding Dresses

Chiffon Short Sleeves Cummerbund Wedding Dress

Kathy Ireland- by 2b2Strapless lace slim A-line gown with modified sweetheart neckline, pleated satin cummerbund, elegant satin bubble train.

Post # 7
214 posts
Helper bee

I’m not really helpful- I’d just call it a waistband or yeah, cummberbund.  But omg, it looks like the dress I want 🙂  I know that’s a picture of  a Mori Lee dress but it looks similar to Justin Alexander 9552 which WILL be my dress… in like two and a half years (I hope…)

Post # 8
3 posts
  • Wedding: July 2007

This is a broad waist sash (cumberbund).


Post # 9
515 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

some more..


Mikaella STYLE:1305 

Maggie Sotero-Rachael


The topic ‘What is this part of a dress called?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors