(Closed) What is this setting called?

posted 7 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
3000 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I love that style ring and think it would look gorgeous with a diamond and emeralds! I don’t know if it has a specific name, but try searching things like “diamond ring with six side stones” or “diamond ring with cluster side stones” – I tried those in Google image search and got some results like the ring you posted.

Post # 4
3482 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

I was able to find quite a few of those on Google. I had the best luck with search terms like “engagement ring side clusters” or “engagement ring triple cluster side accents” (no quotation marks).

I think that style would look beautiful with emeralds as the side stones, but if you’re not crazy about emeralds, you shouldn’t make yourself wear them. Is there any other type of gem that’s special to you and your mom that you could use instead?

Post # 5
269 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

What a beautiful style! It doesn’t have a formal name as far as I know (I’m a jeweler.) Don’t force yourself to wear emeralds if you don’t like them, especially if you intend to wear this ring every day. Emeralds are very brittle and prone to abrasions, so they aren’t as suitable for daily knockaround jewelry as other precious stones are. 

Post # 6
2031 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I don’t know what it’s called, but I think it would look beautiful with emeralds as a RHR!

The topic ‘What is this setting called?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors