(Closed) What is this setting called?

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 4
130 posts
Blushing bee

Double eagle claw, halo, open basket??  That’s just my amateur guess


Post # 5
6861 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 1997

Do you have a shot of those rings from the top? I wonder if you are after the look of the higher table, in which case it is likely an OEC or a newer form of an old cut. Modern cuts cannot be set to look like that, with the table standing so far above the halo and the girdle flush. A modern Round Brilliant can be set slightly above the halo in prongs, can be prong set and have the girdle flush with the halo (in which case the table won’t stand so high), or bezel set in the halo, but you cannot achieve the look in the pictures with modern rounds.

Post # 6
10572 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

I’d just call it a low profile halo setting. It looks alot like the micro pave halo by Harry Winston.  The bottom pic is a winston  reproduction.

Post # 7
17 posts

View original reply
mrssloan2013:  I agree, when I first saw it I thought it looked just like the harry wiston style.

Post # 8
2509 posts
Sugar bee

Basket. That’s all I’ve got lol

Post # 9
709 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

View original reply
mrssloan2013:  That bottom right is a great pic showing the diamonds on the basket. I may use it. 🙂 It’s my exact ring (except mine being 1/2 eternity) and I can NOT get a good photo of it to save my life.

Post # 10
1709 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2016 - Garden

It could be called a “basket” setting. It’s very similar to the “bridge” setting. I have a cathedral setting so it’s a bit different

The support medals that are holding the halo are straight up. But yours is a bit diagonal. Creating that basket look.

Bridge setting:


my cathedral:

Post # 11
105 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I’m pretty sure it’s called the traditional setting.  There is a picture of a ring like that I saw on pinterest.  If you look up ring settings there should be pictures that define each one.  Good luck.

The topic ‘What is this setting called?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors