(Closed) What is this shape called?

posted 8 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
555 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Is it technically a shape? I would think it’s just a border? Just a guess on my part but GREAT question!

Post # 4
2207 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I think its just a border

Post # 7
555 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

@LittleSpitfire Do you have Photoshop or do you know anyone who works with it? it would be SOOO quick and easy to just cut the shape out. From what it sounds like it would take all of 2 minutes (if that).

Post # 8
651 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

someone else posted about this before and people said it was a quatrefoil…but the one you posted is slightly different looking than that. Maybe it could still be a quatrefoil, not sure.


What is this shape called?

Post # 10
1573 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Ok.. I have a little insight to share because I am the one that posted about it a while ago.

Here is a Martha Stewart link to use as place cards:


This website calls them brackets. Here is a link to use if you want to cut out for invites:


(If you like these message me.  I bought them and am allowed to share.  I could email them to you.)

Lastly, cricut does sell this shape.  I bought the cricut ($200) and the cartridge  just so that I could have it.  I didn’t want to cut them all out by hand. The cartridge is called Accent Essentials and has a ton of cute stuff it will cut out.  But I have included a picture of the one that I need.


Post # 11
12 posts
  • Wedding: August 2008

I’ve called the Brackets before…..

Post # 12
46 posts
  • Wedding: May 2010

At paper-source.com it looks like they just call it a bracket.  I was going to order these labels from there, but went with a round label instead.

 unique address labels

Fuchsia Dots Bracket Labels

Pack of 8

Our colorful bracket labels are a fabulous way to dress up your mailing envelopes, wrapped gifts, party favors, file folders, or even to mark containers around the house…stick ’em anywhere! In bold fuchsia, these labels are designed to be paired with any of our Paper Source colored note cards and envelopes. A green way to correspond, mark, embellish and organize—they’re both recycled and recyclable.

Our mailing labels come in breezy printable sheets—use the simple template below with your printer and you’ll be labeling in no time. Or, handwrite them to show off your expert penmanship. Compatible with most inkjet printers.

8 Labels per pack
Label size – 3 5/8″ x 2″ each

A Paper Source design

Post # 14
1892 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

It’s a quatrefoil combined with a square. Look up quatrefoil on wikipedia. There is an image just like it under the “in architechture” heading

Post # 15
137 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I have photoshop so if you want me to isolate it let me know!

Post # 16
1 posts

It’s a quatrefoil.

It’s used in lots of gothic architecture.

I know because it is the symbol of Phi Mu, my sorority. 

The topic ‘What is this shape called?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors