(Closed) What is this shape called?

posted 9 years ago in DIY
Post # 3
10218 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2010

I think that cricut does have that shape (i don’t know what it’s called though)… You may be able to find punches for it at Michael’s.  If you want it on your invites, etc.  Speak with your stationer, or find a great graphic designer (I know etsy has tons) and they will be able to recreate it for you.

Post # 4
14 posts

I believe it’s called a quatrefoil

Post # 5
3344 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I love that shape too!  I’ve read alot of DIYers cut them out by hand with an exacto knife.

Post # 6
1074 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

Read Mrs. Cupcakes invite posts… they feature this design prominently and YOU. WILL. DIE, they are so gorgeous…


And… They’re… OFF!


Inside the Cupcake Invitations


ETA: Keep in mind, Mrs. Cupcake is a designer by profession so invites like these might be beyond the talents of us mere mortals. 😉

Post # 7
2779 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Oh it’s beautiful isn’t it? I love it. Sadly we’re not using it in the wedding, we’re going with just rounded corners on paper for a simpler feel but I do love it.

I don’t think it’s a quarterfoil though – it looks like it has more rounded corners than the square quarterfoils. 

Post # 8
1385 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

It’s a variation on a quatrefoil and you’ll find it alot on Phi Mu things at places that sell “Sorority stuff”. I’d imagine if you couldn’t find that exact one you’d find a more typical quatrefoil similar to this:



Post # 10
604 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

StampinUp has a diecut that is similiar called Top Note that I used.  You can use it in a SIzzix, Cuttlebug or other die cut press.

Post # 12
4566 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Cricut does have that shape, but I have NO idea what it’s called. Maybe look on the back of the cards they have at Michael’s?

Post # 13
132 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

im so glad you asked this!! i have been wondering the same thing!  i am designing my invites and want to use this shape and i digi-scrap and have been trying to figure out how to do this for a while!!  glad im not the only one!

The topic ‘What is this shape called?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors