(Closed) WHAT KIND of crinoline for this dress? HELP!!

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
301 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

You might not need any. I learned at one bridal shop that you don’t necessarily need one unless you want that bottom part to be more poofed out. If you do want one with this dress, I would suggest a mermaid/trumpet one. I am trying to sale mine from Davids Bridal in a size 2 because I realized that I do not even need one. You might find you like it without better too.

Post # 5
88 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

get a mermaid crinoline if you want extra pouf. OR if your dress has a built-in slip has something a seamstress could attach some stiff tulle to, it accomplishes the same thing (and what i’d recommend because then you don’t have to worry about adjusting the slip, etc.). i bought a crinoline from bestbridalprices.com and hated it, and ended up having my seamstress cut the itchy thing apart and attaching it to the slip on the dress.  good luck!

Post # 7
15 posts
  • Wedding: May 2012

I think with this dress, it depends what kind of profile you want to achieve. Do you want all of the ruffle-tiered part to look full?  then get a regular crinoline.  Do you want the top tiers to stay closer to your body and only have great volume on the bottom 2, maybe three ruffles?  then get the mermaid.

The topic ‘WHAT KIND of crinoline for this dress? HELP!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors