(Closed) what kind of veil is this?

posted 9 years ago in Accessories
Post # 3
177 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

It looks like a drop veil to me.  Veilshop has a 90 inch circle drop veil for $40.

Post # 4
2025 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

It’s called a drop veil…I think one of the Bees had one. Can’t rememebr who. Anyone?

Post # 5
2434 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2008

It’s a drop veil- but I can’t tell the length (chapel or cathedral I would guess) because the picture is cropped. 

Probably the most famous one being worn by Grace Kelly!  (Although hers was a mantilla worn like a drop veil)

Post # 6
275 posts
Helper bee

Make One!!

Just go to JoAnn Fabric and get some 108" tulle and a rotary cutter, fold the tulle in half, then, half again the other way so it’s quartered.  The cut an arc between the two edges – like you would to cut a circle out of paper.  You can secure it you your head with some transparent thread and a metal comb (also @ JoAnn) and it basicly just sits on your head!  I can’t imagine it would cost more than $10 – maybe no more than $5 is you have a coupon!

Post # 8
2365 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

Hmm, it looks like a mantilla veil, really I know nothing about them … I think it looks like a mantilla!

Post # 9
1813 posts
Buzzing bee

if you want lace on the bottom it is a mantilla (which can conflict with a busy dress) or you can get a drop/circle veil.  That’s what I had…I don’t know why they aren’t more common, I think they are super romantic!

The topic ‘what kind of veil is this?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors