(Closed) What paperwork to do when you get married?

posted 6 years ago in Names
Post # 3
3000 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Are you in the US? Here is what I changed (in order):

1. Social Security Card  – you need this before you can do your license or state ID

2. License

3. Bank account

4. Credit cards

5. Email (personal and at work)

6. Insurance

7. Utlitily Companies (heat, electric, cable, etc. for billing purposes)

8. Online log-in info for various sites (make sure your saved shipping/billing addresses have your new name)


Also, don’t forget about your house (do you own or rent?). Make sure the new name is updated on the filed paperwork for that.

The topic ‘What paperwork to do when you get married?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors