Post # 1
Hi girls! So I need some happy energy, because I tried to get some advice on another wedding website and ended up with a thread full of snark and rudeness, so my feelings are kind of hurt. But! I don’t want to mope about it or try to get other people to post their bad experiences or bash that site (because I’m sure, somewhere, there are some lovely helpful people on it).
Instead, I want to hear what part of your wedding makes you most happy to think about! Do you have a really awesome cake planned? Do your invites make you giddy? Did you find the most rockin shoes known to mankind? I want to hear you gush about it!
Post # 3
1) seeing my man in his wedding gear and his reaction to seeing me in my wedding gear.
2) cocktail hour band – The Blue Vipers of Brooklyn are playing New Orleans jazz for us. Fiance went to Tulane and we got engaged on the riverwalk in the french quarter. go to jazzfest every year. so meaningful for us and they RULE.
Post # 4
In this order:
2. Flowers (my florist is a sweetheart and the mock bouquets we did were just what I wanted)
3. Ceremony music (I’m a pianist myself and was very happy to find another pianist/organist with a similar style to mine)
4. My super-awesome cake idea (I’m going to put the cake table under an ornate metal gazebo)
@ChiCat what makes you excited??
Post # 5
Being a wife and having my best friend as my husband!
Honeymoon – Napa Valley
Our CAKE! LOL! The flavors are awesome and it’s gonna be soooo yummy.
Post # 6
Hearing him say the vows! And being pronounced Man and Wife. I can’t wait. Then I looking forward to dancing the night away with all our friends and family.
Post # 7
Being announced as husband and wife! Oh and the awesome meal we have planned, in that order! (Sorry people were jerks on the other site btw)
Post # 9
Yay! So many cool things! @crissycakes – A margarita machine sounds like so much fun! @twocatcupcake – Oh, Napa Valley is so amazing. And I’m totally with you on the awesomness of cake!
@jenbrandner – I love your cake table idea! Aside from the actual marriage part of the wedding, I’m really excited about the mini grooms cakes we’re doing! We’re having several smaller ones instead of a big one, so we can have all kinds of different flavors, and they’re amazing! I’m talking devil’s food brushed with brandy, and marzipan covered in caramel, and chocolate threads over handmade truffles and I am drooling even thinking about them! Plus I’m excited to see all of our friends and family. They literally live all over the country, so having everyone come together in one place is going to be unprecedented and a blast!
@LovestheBear – Thanks 🙂 I’ve learned my lesson, and am just going to stick to weddingbee from now on. With very few exceptions I’ve found posters here give truthful constructive opinions when people look for feedback, instead of spewing negativity about questions that weren’t even asked and defending it as “just being honest”.
Keep ’em coming guys!
Post # 10
Sorry about your bad experience elsewhere. I’ve actually tried to post on other sites and couldn’t figure out how (or they wanted too much info) so I’m a weddingbee-only gal.
To answer your question, I am most excited about the music. We hired an amazing band and are letting them do their own thing which I think is going to be just awesome. We are also having Power of Love played for our intro, how cool is that??
Post # 11
For me, it was
– seeing his reaction when he’d first see me
– walking down the aisle to him, with my father
– standing with him and taking our vows
– first kiss
Basically, the whole ceremony! And it was in reality even better than what I had anticipated, incredible feeling.
Post # 12
I am excited for so many things but here are a few 🙂
- Getting married to my soul mate!
- Seeing all our friends and family
- My Dress
- Married Sex 😉 (sorry if tmi)
Post # 13
Obviously I am so excited to me his wife, but in regards to wedding planning I can’t wait for my cocktail hour. Our cocktail hour is outside and we are having a steal drum caribbean band to kick off the night and our signature drinks will be mojitos. And I can’t wait to see how amazing our lighting is going to turn out.
And after it’s all over I will be lying on the beach in Fiji for two weeks!
Post # 14
oh gosh. where do i start?
1. getting ready with the girls and having all of my favorite females in one room, smiling and applying makeup, joking and laughing and taking that pre-wedding shot together.
2. the ridiculous and awesome speeches i’m sure my witty friends and family will give at the rehearsal dinner.
3. seeing the look on FI’s face when i walk down the aisle.
4. trying SO hard not to cry.
5. having the entire bridal party and their significant others together in a limo…almost like revisiting prom. 🙂
6. dancing with my dad and hoping that he doesn’t cry because i will be sure to.
7. my family looking incredible in their dress attire.
8. kissing every single time people start tapping on their darn glasses.
9. dancing and singing at the top of my lungs with my best friends and my mother and all of her sisters. such a fun bunch.
so there are a lot.
Post # 15
I can’t wait for the moment JUST before the doors open up for me to walk down the aisle and look to see my FH to be down the aisle as our eyes meet and see each other for the first time in the past 24 hours and will officially become husband and wife in the next 30 minutes!!! Then I can’t wait for the fun activities at the receptions and eat our delicious cake!!! My wedding is 4.5 months away and I’m getting hyped up already!! AHHHHH!
Post # 16
There is a pretty long thread about this from a couple of weeks ago: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/what-part-of-the-day-are-you-looking-foward-to-the-most
I’m most looking forward to “I now pronounce you husband and wife.” and the first time being introduced as “Mr. and Mrs ….”.
Although really, I can’t wait for the entire day! It will be so great spending time with everyone and just actually being married! 🙂